OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Seeking Collaborators for Atopic Dermatitis and Dupilumab Study

Hello OHDSI Community,

We invite collaborators to join our study, “Prescribing Patterns of Dupilumab for Atopic Dermatitis.” If you would be interested in contributing, please comment below! The updated study protocol is attached for reference and community review:

We previously posted our protocol “Prescribing Patterns of Systemic Immunomodulating Agents for Atopic Dermatitis,” for community review and collaboration; we have now narrowed our objectives and revised our protocol, which is attached here.
@JMPark @cyanoverAD_OHDSI_Protocol Version2.pdf (237.6 KB)

Hi @tsivesind,

We would be interested to try this out in Singapore data source. Is there any minimum number of patients that you are looking for? Can share Atlas cohort definition json file to see whether our site has decent sample size?

I would be interested to try our functions we wrote for AllOfUs and try the cohort definitions from this study. I have same question as Selva - do you have Atlas JSONs for the cohorts of interest?
(best if they are on on some server where we can fetch them with ROhdsiWebApi R package. - most ideally atlas-demo.ohdsi.org )

Hello @Vojtech_Huser and @SELVA_MUTHU_KUMARAN,
Thanks for your interest in joining! I have asked an on-site statistician to review my cohort definition; once that is completed I will share the JSON file with you and also copy the definition into the Atlas demo site for ease of access.
Any sample size is acceptable from our perspective. Thanks again

Hello @cyanover @JMPark @Vojtech_Huser @SELVA_MUTHU_KUMARAN

I have uploaded our atopic dermatitis cohort definition to the ATLAS Demo site (CU-AMC Atopic Dermatitis Cohort):
http://api.ohdsi.org:8080/WebAPI/cohortdefinition/1777140

Please feel free to try it out and provide any feedback. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Torunn

2 Likes

@tsivesind - Thanks for sharing this file. I ran this in Singapore data source and found ~1000 patients. But I would like to understand few things about the study and have few questions about cohort definitions. let me know how do you wanna proceed further…

Hi, thanks for your message and for providing that preliminary information! Would you like to email me your questions? The research group that’s working on this project at University of Colorado meets every Monday, but we also have a meeting tomorrow, during which I could pose any questions you might have. You can contact me here or at torunn.sivesind@cuanschutz.edu.

Hello @SELVA_MUTHU_KUMARAN @Vojtech_Huser @JMPark @cyanover,
I have updated our atopic dermatitis cohort definition to include a 2 year observation period prior to the index date. The cohort “CU-AMC Atopic Dermatitis Cohort-V2” is on the ATLAS demo site at ATLAS and is also attached here in JSON.

JSON for AD Cohort ATLAS 5.27.21.docx (18.2 KB)

Please let me know if it doesn’t work for you. Thanks!

1 Like

Dear Collaborators @cyanover @JMPark @Vojtech_Huser,

Thank you very much for your help improving our protocol and for pointing out inconsistencies regarding the terms, “observation” and, “lookback.” Your insight has helped us improve the language and clarity of our work.

In my previous forum post, I had indicated that we would require a 24-month observation period; this was incorrect, as the 24-month lookback period prior to index date was meant to build a time window around the index date in which a diagnosis of AD could be made, NOT that we require a 24-month period of observation prior to the index date.

In revisiting our protocol, we have now disambiguated, “index date,” replacing it with DDD#1 -first date of dupilumab dispensing and ADD#1- first date of AD diagnosis.
We have also taken another look at Aim 3 (assessing time between first diagnosis of AD and the start date of dupilumab) and have chosen to include a longer lookback period (12 years, by consensus of University of Colorado team members).
Our updated protocol and cohort definition (JSON) are attached.

Thanks again, and we look forward to working with you!
AD_OHDSI_Protocol Version3.docx (112.1 KB)
AD OHDSI Cohort JSON Updated Lookback 6.28.21.docx (18.1 KB)

Dear Collaborators @cyanover @JMPark @Vojtech_Huser ,

This project has been an excellent learning experience for our University of Colorado team, and I think we are finally ready to proceed, thanks in part to your feedback. We have further revised our protocol, the atopic dermatitis concept set, and atopic dermatitis cohort definition.

Our final revised protocol and cohort definition are here, and our final cohort definition can also be found on the ATLAS Demo site (http://api.ohdsi.org:8080/WebAPI/cohortdefinition/1777515).

We look forward to working with you.
Please let me know if you find any issues or errors with these that we may have missed. Thanks again!

AD_OHDSI_Protocol v8.1.21 Clean.docx (101.5 KB)
Atopic Dermatitis Cohort FINAL JSON Code.docx (26.4 KB)

2 Likes
t