OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

New working group: Medical Device Working group

Next meeting of Device WG will be using MS teams as webconference platform.

I am trying to figure out how WG members can self-add their email to the invite. (same for how to add yourself to the Device WG team on teams)

The meeting link is https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3A9148bd05ff8c41dc944de6450265134f%40thread.tacv2/1607530449956?context={"Tid"%3A"a30f0094-9120-4aab-ba4c-e5509023b2d5"%2C"Oid"%3A"bbecbb6d-d4e9-4646-af8d-231456af23c3"}

This forum can remain the main discussion platform for the group (this forum has very simple login and instant account creation).

To add to your calendar, make invite for

every other means months, Jan, March, May, etc. (odd months)
and add the link above as room link

Dear Device WG members, if you have not joined OHDSI MS Teams, please fill in this form to get onboarded. (best now, don’t wait for Jan 28 (next meeting) to do this)

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=lAAPoyCRq0q6TOVQkCOy1ZyG6Ud_r2tKuS0HcGnqiQZUOVJFUzBFWE1aSVlLN0ozR01MUVQ4T0RGNyQlQCN0PWcu

It will make things easier for you in the long run (to participate on meetings and discussion).

Please take me in the WG. Thank you.

Mengchun

Follow these steps to add yourself to invite for a WG (after you have obtained guest MS Teams login):

• Find WG team and find calendar invite in the channel and view meeting details in … menu of it
  • Click “+ Add to calendar” and you name will appear in optional list of invited attendees (so any changes to appointment made by WG leader will be communicated to you)
  • Any WG Meetings you accepted will now show in your MS Teams calendar (not fully ideal but better than nothing)

fig1

fig2

fig3

If you are signed in as a guest to OHDSI Teams, then you don’t have full Teams capabitlity e.g. calendar

Below are the only ‘apps’ that you can have in OHDSI Teams as a guest

Sarah is correct. Guests in the tenant dont have calendars and therefore I dont think they can “add” to their calendar that way. They have to be sent the link. I will check with our microsoft team to see if there is another work around.

1 Like

I don’t see Teams showing in my App, although I received email noted that I am being adding to the group. Is it my Team issue or something else?

Hi all,

The next WG call is scheduled on Jan 28th, 10AM - 11AM.
Toni Morrison will present SNOMED CT and medical device perspective.

I haven’t figured out the Teams meeting myself yet. I hope we will figure it out before the meeting and have a smooth call in two weeks.

Thanks,
Asiyah Lin (Previous FDA, Now NIH)

Hi
What email did you use to sign up?

Hi @ekatzman, my email is asiyah.lin@nih.gov. I guess it is an internal issue. I will register again using another email.

Hi You are in the team with that email
What email do you want me to try?

Elisse, no worries. I’ve just successfully landed to the Team through online page. It dosen’t show on my desktop App. Can you add me as a member or owner, since I am a co-chair? Is there any policy about being an owner or member in Teams per OHDSI?

Is this your email? asiyah.lin@nih.gov
I show you are in the Medical Devices Team as a guest
Vojtech Huser is the owner of the team

Hi all,

For Thursday’s call Jan 28th, 10AM-11AM ET time the agenda is as following:

1. self-introduction (5-10 min)
  2. SNOMED CT Device Team present: “SNOMED CT Project Overview” (30min)
  3. Q&A (5-10min)
  4. 2021 opportunities or plans (10min)

Please check on previous message on meeting info on Teams.

Thanks,
Asiyah Lin

Today’s recording (SNOMED CT device concepts) is on MS Teams. (and all other prior meetings as well)

For future post relevant to DEVICE Workgroup: use this 2021 thread here: 2021 DEVICE workgroup (WG) Main Discussion

Asiyah, please count me in your research team, I would love to contribute my RWE experience from the past 15 years. Great thanks! Anna

WG Call information: March 25, 10AM-11AM EDT

The meeting agenda is as below :

1. WG updates on OHDSI community call (Asiyah 2 min) Link to slides, link to YouTube video.
  2. 2021 goals and suggestions (Vojtech, 18min)
  3. Presentation by Dr. Mohammad M. Ghassemi ( DATA scholar at NIH, assistant professor of Computer Science at Michigan State University) (30min talk + 10min Q&A)

An Open Source Tool for the Automated Transcription of Paper Spreadsheet Data.

Dr. Ghassemi’s talk will include two parts: the first part, he will describe a tool that utilizes AI and crowd intelligence to automatically transcribe images of paper-based spreadsheets into electronic form while protecting sensitive personal information. The second part, he will discuss the three major contributions to the problem of coma prognostication after cardiac arrest: (1) the collection of the world’s largest multi-center : Electroencephalography (EEG) database for patients in coma after cardiac arrest, (2) the development of time-dependent, interpretable, feature-based EEG models that may be used for both risk-scoring and decision support at the bedside, and (3) a careful comparison of the performance and utility of feature-based techniques to that of representation learning models that fully-automate the extraction of time-dependent features for outcome prognostication.

Bio: Dr. Ghassemi is an assistant professor of Computer Science at Michigan State University and National Scholar for Data and Technology Advancement at the NIH. He holds multiple patents and has published over 35 peer-reviewed publications in venues including Science Translational Medicine, and AAAI. He has 10+ years of technical and strategic consulting experience in the AI and ‘Big Data’.

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer or mobile app

Click here to join the meeting

Learn More | Meeting options

You can tweak how you are notified in MS Teams. You can turn off notifications completely without leaving the platform.

UNSUBSCRIBE: If you wish to be unsubscribed from OHDSI Teams meetings or removed from the OHDSI Teams platform, please fill out this form.

ydou e

This is a reminder for our call on May 27, 2021 (Thursday) at 10AM EDT.
Agenda:

1. Team member provides updates (10min)
  2. Danica Marinac-Dabic (FDA) and Art Sedrakyan (Cornell) will give presentation about MDEpiNet and the MDEpiNet Coordinated Registry Network (CRN) CDM status. (30min)
  3. Discussion

Please check out the meeting link on OHDSI Teams.

Asiyah

Hi all, May 27, 2021 (Thursday) 10AM EDT call has an updated agenda:

1. Team member provides updates (5min)
  2. Asiyah Lin: Comparing CDMs via a device lens and introduction to MDEpiNet’s informatics effort towards a CDM (15min)
  3. Clair Blacketer and Alan Andryc: OMOP CDM updates related with devices (15min)
  4. Tentative: Maxim Moniat may provide thoughts on Registry WG updates. (10min)
  5. Discussion: are there synergies among OMOP, MDEpiNet;s effort, and Registry WG? (10min)
  6. Plan for next meeting (5min)
t