OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI

Buenos días
Somos Ses Hospital Universitario de Caldas y desde el área de tecnología hemos iniciado el proceso de implementación de la metodología. Nos encontramos muy entusiasmados de poder entrar en esta comunidad y poder aportar en el crecimiento de la comunidad científica y en la producción de datos para el estudio de la salud.

Good morning, my name is Alejandra María Restrepo Franco, I am part of the company Geostrategy, a company specialized in data enrichment services, through the structuring of research and innovation projects in data science. We focus on building and implementing predictive modeling and artificial intelligence tools to support strategic decision making and add value to organizations.

We are currently executing a research project where we want to generate the transformation of the databases of a third level hospital in Colombia to the OMOP model, for future data science projects.

Hello everyone, my name is Zachary Higgins. I have been working for an HIE vendor for the past 9 years, fulfilling various technical needs to implement and support our product. Within the last few years, I have moved to a development/architecture/R&D role, which basically gave me the freedom to explore new technologies while developing a product to collect and analyze telemetry data collected to gain insights into how well our HIE is performing, quality of the data, and how it is being utilized. Lately, I live in Spark (Databricks), however, am proficient in SQL and .NET development as well. I’m joining this group, hoping to find a mutually beneficial, collaborative environment, that improves interoperability in the US by embracing common data models and standardized integration methods. I’m also interested in finding new ways to use these methodologies to improve patient outcomes at point of care and through observational studies. Thanks!

I am a cancer center ‘biostatistics core’ director who is charged with expansion of the core to ‘biostatistics and clinical informatics core’. I am here to learn about oncology care related EMR data pipelines and machine learning projects and see how I can help this amazing community.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @mam2073! We are very excited to having with you in the oncology workgroup.

Hello, I’m an RN, and Implementation Manager for a healthcare analytics and technology company with a primary focus on leveraging RWE to assist clients in improving patient care and outcomes, and healthcare research. We are interested in converting our current proprietary data model to OMOP CDM v5.4 for our life science/research clients. I have particular interest in the common data model and vocabulary, as well as current use cases in the research and provider spaces. Looking forward to learning from such a knowledgeable and welcoming group!

Hello Everyone,
I am Shreema S Rao from Global-Value-Web. I am new to this OHDSI Community. AM interested in ETL, OMOP Common data model and ATLAS. I am willing to learn more from the community. I am very interested in the tools and the work you are doing. Thanks for having me.

Regards,
Shreema S Rao

Hi everyone!

I am Pascal currently in Sweden and recently completed my doctorate in medical science - epidemiology. My background is in medicine, and I have previously worked in public health projects in Kenya. My most recent academic work was in the field of genetic and molecular epidemiology (of cardiometabolic diseases) and also using registry data in addition to data from different research cohorts. I am interested in real-world evidence studies and how recent advances in scientific technology (genetics, multi-omics data, med-tech devices, etc) can be utilised to improve the evidence we generate. OHDSI is a really exciting place to be and I am looking forward to learning more about the OHDSI tools and best practices, and interacting with members.

1 Like

Hello OHDSI community!

My name is Otike Caroline, currently working as head of Data Department at Joint Clinical Research Center, where large volumes of datasets are being generated through routine clinical care, research and laboratory services. I am currently exploring the options of standardizing the large volumes of dataset being generated at the Centre which includes diagnostics, patient outcomes, prescriptions, among others.
I strongly believe that I will gain the exposure and linkage I need from the OHDSI community to make our data discoverable to the globe to add into the global evidence pool.

2 Likes

Hello,
I’m Sinéad Moylett. A senior data analyst at edenceHealth, using OPOM CDM to standardise and harmonise real world data. I worked in research for a long time using EHRs to merge datasets for cohorts and disease populations, and have expertise with big health data.
Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am Danilo Dias, a brazilian data scientist focusing in health informatics and currently working with data interoperality.

Hello everyone. My name is Osama Ahmed. I’m a Sudanese physician, a consultant orthopedic surgeon, a clinical researcher and a software developer in python and Javascript. I’m practicing now in Ethiopia and I’m interested in automating the way healthcare is delivered and in shortening the gap between when the symptom occurs and when the treatment is started or even developing algorithms to prevent the occurrence of the symptoms. I’m open to collaboration in research projects, software development , or practical medical imporvements.

Greetings my fellow OHDSI-ans! I am data strategist and consultant with nearly 20 years experience in health care and human services. However, I am a newbie with OMOP and will soon start a consulting engagement that transforms both public and proprietary health data sets to OMOP. Thus, I am open to any insights from the OHDSI community about how to load, transform and use data with OMOP. Press on! Travis

Hey I’m Jay. :wave:

I am a software consultant with professional development experience. I found this community while applying for a job. I support OHDSI’s mission and vision of openness. Reach out to me if you have any technology needs that we can create and share to the community!

t