OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI

Hello all, I’m a professor of actuarial and health care practice at Temple University.

As the practice and financing for health care transitions to value based care, I seek to enlarge the role of actuaries within the health policy and health care provider community. As a regular volunteer to the American Academy of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries, and more recently as a paid advisor to The Actuarial Foundation for an expanded diversity scholarship program, I am looking for opportunities to accelerate the effort. If you’re aware of opportunities, please let me know.

Hello OHDSI community,

I am Sewar Shuibat, and I am a clinical researcher/ MRI technologist with a diverse previous experience in many other medical imaging modalities such as CT, panoramic imaging, mammography, and radiography. My interests are clinical trials, medical devices and health innovation, and data integration.
I am excited at the prospect of becoming part of OHDSI and contributing to it!

Hello

My name is WangChen and I have worked with data for about 5 years now.
My main work is related to data governance and terminology standards
Thanks for having me.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am Dinuja S’Wickrama and working with Dr Nicole among QUMPRC Team at the University of South Australia. We are converting source data to OMOP CDM. Hope you all will help us to accomplish that goal.

Kind Regards,
Dinuja S’Wickrama

Hi! I am Christian. I am happy to join your community! Since I am pretty new in the field of health data analysis I am eager to learn and exchange with you about these and related topics. I am a molecular medical scientist by training and I am now heading for ehealth. Let’s get in touch! All the best, Christian

Hi Dear
My name is Sahar.
Experienced Research Assistant with a demonstrated history of working in the research industry. Skilled in R, Python, Stata, Statistical Data Analysis, Epidemiology, Statistical Modeling, and Observational Studies. Strong research professional with a Master’s Degree focused in Biostatistics and epidemiology from the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran.
I’m excited to join a new project and learn in a hands-on way! :blush:

Hi all, My name is Raechel and I am a first year MPH student at the Yale School of Public Health in the Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases Department. I have gained most of my health data analytics skills through my graduate coursework and have utilized R, but I am looking to collaborate and gain more experience performing statistical data analyses. I am eager to learn and contribute to OHDSI!

2 Likes

Hi all, I am Sakshi. I work with Tata Consultancy Services. Looking forward to learn and explore.

Hello everyone, I’m Onyeka Onwughai, a graduate pharmacist with a deep interest in data science and machine learning, I plan to apply machine learning to different areas in healthcare and I’m open to work on any related project…
I look forward to working with with other health experts on data projects…

Hello. My name is Ergun Oksuz.
I am a faculty member at the Faculty of Medicine, I work as a physician, and I have researched in various fields of Health Informatics.
My current research focuses on data mining and machine learning, development, and application of artificial intelligence techniques to analyze and model real-world health data. I have previously worked in statistical modeling, coding, classification, and pharmacoeconomic modeling.
I am from Turkiye
I will be watching the values that OHDSI will add with excitement.

Hello All,
I am a Data Engineer at Penn Medicine. I recently started supporting the OMOP ETL process. We are using EPIC data as well as some of our legacy data from before EPIC was implemented on an AZURE (or Microsoft SQL Server) system. I wasn’t part of the original OMOP implementation, but now as I have one update under my belt. I found that there are several of the fundamental tables (PERSON, VISIT_OCCURRENCE, CONDITION_OCCURRENCE, etc.) where the IDENTITY(1,1) property was used to create new keys each time the update is processed.

The majority of the ETL was using a Kill and Fill process, so all the tables that used the IDENTITY property were basically getting a new key each time an update was run. It doesn’t make sense to me why this was done; and I am wondering if any OHDSI members have designed their OMOP tables like this? Or do they use persistent keys that remain the same from update to update?

As an aside, the current Kill and Fill process has been unwieldy and I am converting the ETL to update incrementally. So, this key question is even more important to resolve.

Also, is there any kind of ERD that shows the Primary Key - Foreign Key relationship between the tables? I have been searching for it on the OHDSI site and not having luck finding what I need.

Thanks So Much!
Patrice Chan

Hi All,

I am so happy to be joining the OHDSI community and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nathan Hall, and I recently joined The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson in the Manager, Observational Health Data Analytics (OHDA) role about a month ago.

It has been a pleasure attending the OHDSI Community calls, and I have learned so much already. I am eager to learn more, make new connections, and continue to grow and expand my knowledge and contributions.

I am particularly interested in the following research areas: mental health, health inequities, neuroscience, ophthalmology, emergency medicine, and drug safety.

Please feel free to connect with me! I will be attending the OHDSI Symposium this fall in Washington D.C., and I’m looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Best regards,
-Nate

Meu nome é Lis Marinho e sou professora universitária UFPI ha 37 anos. Coordeno uma Liga em Saúde Digital e participo do SIG em saúde digital da RUTE. Tenho interesse em aprender o uso dessa plataforma pois sou docente do mestrado em saude da mulher e há muita relevancia para a área.

Hi all,

I’m Stijn Dupulthys, data scientist at the Radar, the innovation center of AZ Delta, a large regional hospital in Belgium. I have a background in medicine and biomedical engineering.

Our group is focussed on scientific research, quality of care assessments and improving data quality in our hospital. We have started OMOP’ing lots of our hospital data about a year ago.

My work focusses on:

• OMOP ETL + mapping
  • Prospective planning of data collection in cardiology
  • Quality of care assessment in cardiology
  • Predictive modelling in cardiology

Please contact me freely. We will try to get more involved in the community in the near future :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Stijn

1 Like

Hello, everyone! Data/Software engineer @ JnJ and just wanted to say “Hi” to the community : ) Looking to eventually contribute novel tools on top of the “OMOPed” data.

Please feel free to reach out any time. I have only begun to read through the OMOP documentation for getting EHR data into the CDM. Hoping to apply the CDM to all drug modalities if it applies.

Regards,
Alex

1 Like

Hello All,

I’m R programmer at Erasmus MC (Netherlands) for the Darwin EU project. I am looking forward to learn and contribute on this forum!

best,
Ger

Hi! My name is Damola. I am a 4th-year medical student at Georgetown University School of Medicine. I am a part of a research project studying health disparities in nephrology care. I am entirely new to OHDSI and look forward to learning so much!! I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction on converting a local protocol to a network one. Thank you so much!

Hi @Damola_B , welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you. Lots of folks in OHDSI can help support you in running a network study, but a great first place to start is to review your local protocol and determine how we can implement an analysis package to execute the study against the CDM in a distributed manner. I’d be delighted to meet up with you to discuss what that might look like whenever you’d like. You can DM me @Patrick_Ryan .

Hi All, This is Anitha working as a Data Scientist. My work demands the use of observational data to generate evidence to support clinical trials. I would like to explore and contribute more on HADES and patient-level prediction.

Hi - I’m Debra Mangum with Merative (www.merative.com), a healthcare innovation company. We are embracing the OMOP CDM v5.4 for our client deliverables including clinical and claims data with a future of expanding data types. I’m interested in the common data model, it’s evolution to v6.0, data mapping and vocabulary.

t