OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI

Hi all,
I am Priya Desai, Product Manager for Stanford OMOP. Super excited to be here!

1 Like

Welcome @PriyaDesai glad to have you here!

1 Like

My name is Vagish Hemmige. I’m a Transplant Infectious Diseases clinician at Montefiore and we are starting to implement the Atlas platform. I’ve started a research program using Medicare claims data in kidney transplant, and am very interested in seeing how multicenter EMR data through OHDSI can supplement the deficiencies of claims data. I’m more comfortable coding in Stata than R; definitely anticipate a bit of a learning curve while I get up to speed on the platform.

Hello, I’m a fourth-year medical student at the University of Colorado School of Medicine currently doing a TL1 pre-doctoral fellowship to study the racial disparities and the impact of social determinants of health in COVID-19 outcomes. I’m currently learning R, and becoming acquainted with OMOP and OHDSI. I have also started attending CHARYBDIS meetings and contributing to the race differences/COVID paper. Excited to learn more about all of OHDSI’s work!

Dear OHDSI Community,

I am a research associate in the area of medical informatics and start working with the OMOP CDM and the OHDSI toolset.
My interests will be mainly in the topic of ETL processes.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you as a community for all the tools which are already there and also the vivid forum which already answered a lot of my questions.

Hello! Infectious disease physician at the Medical College of Wisconsin, interested in using the National COVID Cohort Collaborative to study the impact of COVID-19 in special populations. I thought this would be the best place to start learning how to use the data. Little rusty on SQL and R, but you learn what you use.

Hi All,
I am an engineer and data scientist working in the medical device industry. I am interested in exploring the use of OHDSI tools for postmarket surveillance and signal detection & monitoring for medical devices.

Hello Everybody,

My name is Dermot Doyle and I work on Dynaccurate project in Luxembourg, which is AI that automatically manages controlled vocabularies and clinical terminologies in knowledge graphs. I’m not from the technical but the business side, and I’m really interested in learning about issues in health data interoperability that might be solved by our AI. Feel free to connect with me or ask any questions.

Best wishes,
D

Hi all :slight_smile: My name is Rumana Rashid (most call me Ru), and I am an MD/PhD student at the University of Pittsburgh-Carnegie Mellon University. I come from an informatics/imaging background and am working with the REMAP-COVID team here. My interests are data integration, predictive modeling, clinical trials, and health innovation. Looking forward to being a part of the OHDSI community!

Hi-- I’m Beth Malow and am a sleep and neurology physician and autism researcher at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee. I received an NIH career enhancement award to work with EHR data. I would like to collaborate with data scientists who have OHDSI experience so I can work on a project-- that would be the best way for me to learn OHDSI. I can provide expertise in sleep (in any clinical population) or in medical conditions in general in autism. I have a background in statistics and am learning R and SQL but am not facile in them yet.

HI Everyone,

I recently joined the IQVIA OMOP team as a data scientist working for Sarah Seager and Christian Reich. I have 14 years experience in healthcare analytics in both medical insurance and consulting for mainly NHS clients.
I am really looking forward to working with the OHDSI community, learning about the data structures and processes as well as working on studies.

Thanks,

Liz

Hello OHDSI members!
Thrilled to be a part of this. Broadly, I’m interested in translational informatics - I like making biological and genomic information applicable in clinical practice. Specifically, I’m volunteering as part of a group at an academic institution that would like to explore patient-specific risk of aneurysm rupture and disease pathology.
Thank you!

Hello All,

I’m a biostatistician at Northeastern University. I’ve been introduced to this group by @David_Madigan and am looking forward to learning and contributing!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Karunakar and I am pursuing my doctorate in epidemiology. My current interests lie in neuroepidemiology and clinical trials. I was encouraged to join this community on the advice of Ron Krall, a professor from one of my past courses. I hope to have a career involved with the design and implementation of clinical trials, so I want to learn as much as I can and network with as many as I can. I look forward to learning more about this group!

Thanks,
Karunakar

Hi. I’m an environmental epidemiologist at the University of Exeter in the UK. I’m interested in finding out more about the tools developed in OHDSI as part of my research, and interested to meet people within the Community.
Best wishes
James

We are working on MS within an international consortium and would like to connect with others who may have this focus/interest

Michael.liebman@ipqanalytics.com

Hello people! My name is Esra and I am a children psychiatrist from Germany! I am looking for people to connect and to understand what are the oppertunities of this community for my field and for research in that field. I hope that we can connect and that there are people that would be up for connecting and maybe help me with some first steps and maybe point me to hospitals in Germany that use this community :slight_smile:

Hi @Esra_Lenz, welcome to OHDSI! As @Patrick_Ryan already pointed out, the Psychiatry Workgroup (next meeting April 29), led by my pal @dimshitc and facilitated by the wonderful @Shilpa_Ratwani are excellent points to start with.
I myself am based in Berlin and can maybe tell you a thing or two about the (slowly) growing adoption of OHDSI in Germany. As a matter of fact, there is a German Chapter currently in the process of being introduced. @ines.reinecke is spearheading that.
Cheers ~ Mik

@mik Thank you very much for the warm greetings :slight_smile: I’ve already seen that there is this meeting and I am really eager to join but especially for the next meeting I don’t have free time because I have to work :confused: But I will try to join anyways and try to make time. If we maybe could exchange contact informations, so that I have someone as a guidance pointing me to a way to understand the community, the goals, the possibilities and ways to use the tools probably would be awesome :slight_smile: And I will keep my eyes open for the german chapter of @ines.reinecke

Hope to get to know the community soon :slight_smile:

Good Day. As a Project Manager - Clinical Analytics at a children’s research hospital, I have been tasked to learn about OMOP CDM and OMOP CDM Oncology modules to help build institutional capacity using OMOP standards for research collaboration opportunities with in the institution, regional, and global levels. For now, working on the feasibility proposal to transform 50 patients of a research study into OMOP CDM format.
Looking forward to learn using EHDEN resources, joining WGs etc. Thank you.

t