Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute: Software Development Analyst II- Res - G&C - CTSI
Apply through this link
Software Development Analyst - Res - G&C - CTSI
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Work Address: 35 Kneeland Street, Boston, MA 02111
- Shift: Days
- Job Category (for posting purposes): Research
- Employment Type: Full Time
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) (www.tuftsctsi.org), one of more than 60 organizations supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs), was established in 2008 to transform the biomedical research process through education, promoting collaboration, and the provision of research infrastructure and support services. Tufts CTSI accelerates the translation of laboratory research into clinical use, medical practice, and health policy. In addition to its work with Tufts University, Tufts Medical Center, and other partner organizations, Tufts CTSI contributes to the national CTSA Consortium.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right applicant to make an impact on the future of health care by joining the Health Informatics Program at Tufts CTSI. You will join the team that facilitates open science, develops data assets, innovates new methods, and implements solutions and workflows for knowledge generation, sharing, and delivery to the point of care or dissemination to inform policies. We integrate health care and research support, and work with observational data generated from health care settings including EHR, location-based (GIS), claims, device and other data types.
You will join the team of likeminded individuals and will work on cutting edge initiatives such as extending the content and functionality of a clinical research data warehouse and cloud architecture development, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to development of the natural language processing (NLP) techniques to mine clinical data, support the research community locally and nationally through the research networks such as N3C, in their data needs with close input and oversight from senior technical team members.
If you are a developer who enjoys community engaged open source development and collaboration, takes initiative, and works well independently and as part of a team, apply today!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Responsible for contributing to software development initiatives:
- Contributes to team projects, with the objective of becoming more technically proficient.
- Maintains existing policy and procedures for code reuse, documentation, and testing.
- Contributes to design documentation, and functional requirements and specifications with guidance.
- Works collaboratively with others in meeting user expectations and team deadlines.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills within team environment and with end users.
- Adapts and self-teaches as needed to appropriately fulfill goals.
Ongoing Enhancements and Support
- Participate in some after-hours on-call support, to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- With oversight from senior technical team members, lead projects of varying scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through prior work experience.
- The ideal candidate has strong software development skills; able to deploy and debug software of varying scope and stack; must be able to work in a team environment as a member and a facilitator; has the ability to manage own time effectively; and able to perform some work independently. Additionally, the candidate must be highly motivated and willing to learn and adopt to new, leading-edge technologies. The candidate must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving skills, along with strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Lastly, the candidate must be comfortable interacting with colleagues within the Tufts CTSI network and within the broader research community.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Specific skills and experience in the following areas are preferred:
- Strong working knowledge of either one of or all: R, Python, MS SQL. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of database development, database management, and data quality best practices.
- Knowledge of development and maintenance of small to medium-scale ETL processes, ETL tools, ideally within a biomedical environment.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing and data mining techniques.
- Familiarity with common data models in Health Sciences field.
- Familiarity with HL7, FHIR interface.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable using Windows- and Linux-based operating systems.
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude.
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree is desirable.
- 2-4 years healthcare IT experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
- Consistent with a typical office work environment. Work requires frequent typing/computer keying.
- Employees may work remotely but must be located within the United States.
- This is a short term grant funded position with the possibility of extension. Tufts CTSI is grant-funded through April 2023, with the strong possibility of long term renewal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at Tufts Medical Center, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.