@aaveritt recently shared the following opportunity at Regeneron Genetics center:
Senior Manager, Clinical Informatics
Location: Tarrytown, NY, United States Category
Research and Development • Job Id24565BR
The Senior Manager Clinical Informatics will be responsible conducting analyses involving clinical and phenotypic data for genetics studies as well as clinical development and commercial programs. Responsibilities will include developing complex phenotypes as well as curating, cleaning, and analyzing large-scale phenotypic datasets, including de-identified EHR extracts from external collaborators, targeted clinical datasets in selected cohorts, and internal datasets from clinical trials and other human subject research.
A typical day may include:
- Conducting data analysis, including mining and curating of phenotypic datasets with primary responsibility in developing and identifying complex clinical phenotypes and cohorts of interest for “phenotype first” genomic analysis of associated samples and efficient data mining and association analysis in both phenotype first and genotype first queries.
- Developing complex phenotypes using advanced analytic approaches (i.e. machine learning, incorporating unstructured data sources using NLP, etc.)
- Collaboration and coordination with external health system collaborators and informatics teams mining EHR and phenotypic data sets. Work with these collaborators to structure data and develop algorithms, rules engines, and querying tools to access and curate the phenotypic datasets.
- Functioning as a subject matter expert in quantitative analysis techniques
- Representing the RGC at external meetings; providing scientific and strategic input to the group
This role may be for you if:
- You have strong analytical skills
- You can multitask and manage simultaneous projects to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- You are interested in data mining, clinical databases, hospital health informatics databases including Epic or other EHR data structures.
- You have familiarity with clinical data standards such as ICD, SNOMED, LOINC
- Have experience with HIPAA and IRB protocols around use of use of EHR data, working with investigators.
- Possess the ability to interpret and communicate analytical information in a clear, concise manner.
- You excel at managing relationships and projects involving diverse stakeholders. Ensuring that analyses are executed in a timely, accurate and reliable manner.
- You communicate findings clearly and document work for training and replication purposes.
To be considered for this role you must possess; a Master’s degree or PhD in Biomedical Informatics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Science, or other relevant analytical/data field, and a minimum of 3 years of reporting and/or data analysis experience. Healthcare and EHR data analytics experience are also required. Demonstrated knowledge and experience (i.e. presentation or publication) OHDSI standards (OMOP) and tools, quantitative Analytic Methodologies and machine learning to analyze clinical and/or genetic data (presentation or publication). Demonstrated experience with database architecture and administration, including SQL programming. Involvement in relevant programs such as PCORnet, eMERGE, HMO Research Network, or other such projects is preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.