OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

(Gregory Klebanov) #776

@Viviane - welcome to OHDSI! Glad to see more CSS folks joining the community!

(Kelvin Memeh MD) #777

Hi everyone, my name is Kelvin Memeh and I am an Endocrine and General surgeon with an academic interest in surgical outcomes and health economic research. I am currently completing a Masters’s degree in Public Health Sciences with an emphasis in Health Data Science. I have been involved in some clinical studies using the SEER and NCDB databases and have enjoyed the insights from those “population-level” datasets. I have also published some health economics research.
Given my clinical and research background, I am interested in finding evidence-based solutions to clinical questions especially pertaining to endocrine and neuroendocrine disorders, using large datasets.
My contribution to the community will be in the areas of clinical research designs, data analysis, and writing research papers.
When I am not researching or operating, I am catching up with Health tech news, experimenting with cooking/recipes, running, or relaxing with a glass of Cabernet or Bourbon.

I am happy to connect! Please shoot me an email on my LinkedIn or on Twitter @drmemeh

(Rebeca Ansar) #778

Hello! I’m Rebeca. Currently I’m based in the Bay Area (San Francisco, California). I am a Clinical Data Analyst on @katy-sadowski 's team at TrialSpark. I’m interested in learning more about OHDSI and ways I can contribute!

(Huiwen Xu, PhD) #779

Hi! I am Huiwen Xu, PhD, a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at University of Rochester Medical Center. My research focuses on long-term care, health policy, health disparities, and machine learning with large medical claims and advanced statistical methods. I currently serve on the Executive Committee of AcademyHealth Methods and Data Council, Board of Directors of China Health Policy and Management Society (CHPAMS), and Analytics Core of Cancer and Aging Group.

I look forward to learning more about the community and build potential collaboration! Twitter: @Dr_HuiwenXu, or email: Huiwen_Xu@urmc.rochester.edu. Thank you!

(Tomasz Mikołajczyk) #780

Hi Everyone! My name is Tomasz Mikołajczyk, I’m MPharm and a statistical programmer working in RWD field. I’m based in Warsaw in Poland. I have 3 years of community pharmacy practice and 3 years of experience in observational studies. I’m looking forward to learn more about OMOP CDM standards.

(Gregory Klebanov) #781

Kelvin / Receca / Huiwen / Tomasz - welcome to OHDSI! Looking forward to working with you in the community, any questions - please ping us on forums or me directly.

Greg

(Serena Ciaburri) #782

Hi OHDSI community!
My name is Serena Ciaburri and I am a Junior Data Scientist. I have a background in Software Engineering and I recently started working with OMOP data.
I am very happy to be part of this community, looking forward to learning and contributing.

I wish you all a very nice day,
Serena

t