OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone! My name is Marco Pimentel and I am based in Abu Dhabi (UAE) working on R&D projects and development of solutions that involve the use of CDMs for hosting different sources of data.

I have a background in biomedical engineering, signal processing, machine learning and data science, and I hold a PhD in Healthcare Innovation from the University of Oxford.

I spent 5+ years working jointly with UK NHS Trusts and the University of Oxford assembling, curating and analyzing data from large EHR databases. I also worked in the development of machine learning methods and deployment of novel risk stratification and early warning scoring systems within hospitals for supporting clinical decision-making.

Hope to get in touch and learn from you all!

Hi Marco. Welcome. Nice to be re-connected! Let me know what you are working on these days. Sara here. :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m John Griffith and I’m an Artificial Intelligence Engineer at MITRE with a focus on the intersection of AI and Healthcare. I am particularly interested in distributed and decentralized approaches to analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence and how these technologies can promote improved outcomes, greater interoperability and quality, and diversity and equity. I am new to OMOP and am excited to learn more about how it works and how to make a difference.

Hi everybody,
It’s wonderful to learn about so many new people joining our community. We hold weekly community calls every Tuesday at 11 am ET in Teams (learn more here), and our July 6 call is dedicated to meeting some of our “newer” members of the community.

“New” is a subjective term, of course, so the main hope is to have collaborators who may not have been active contributors on many Tuesday calls get a chance to introduce themselves more broadly to the community. Introduce yourself, and share how you found OHDSI, how you hope to become involved in the community, and also how you hope the community can help you.

We have a few volunteers already, but I think we’ll have time for more people to take part. If you would be interested, please email me at sachson@ohdsi.org so I can plan accordingly!

Thanks,
Craig

Hi all! With a background in natural language processing and open source software development, I’m currently in a facility that supports researchers at the University of Sydney to make the most of their data through consultancy around transformation, analysis, modelling, visualisation and related software infrastructure. We are currently considering how the OHDSI stack might be utilised to aggregate and navigate the dataset holdings of clinics studying neurodegenerative disorders.

Hi everyone!

I am a new OHDSI member and wanted to post an introduction.  I am a pediatric intensive care physician in Indiana with a background in biostatistics and health informatics.  I am interested in both implementing the OMOP common data model into our data system, as well as using observational health data for clinical research in the critically-ill pediatric population.  I am looking forward to meeting everyone and participating!

Colin Rogerson
1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m kubam Ivo and I recently joined edenceHealth company in Belgium as a Data Analyst. We focus on harmonising health data into the OMOP CDM. Prior to this role, I have been contributing to the health sector by providing digital transforming and data analysis services to health institutions in Cameroon, Africa. When I heard of OHDSI mission and vision, I instantly knew it was the right community for me as I believe in using data to better the lives of people around the world. I’m looking forward to know more about the community and how I can contribute.

Hello everyone,
I am Lirong Wang and I am a faculty member from school of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh. And I am working on the analysis of electronic medical records for outcome research. I look forward to collaborate with you on the data analysis for helping patients.

Hi @doge1975 ,

Welcome. I am University of Pittsburgh Alumni myself from the Department of Biomedical Informatics. I am glad to see you here. Welcome to the Journey!

Hello OHDSI community,
I am the data architect for Orrum Clinical Analytics and we are focused on providing a data registry, analytics, and training to increase the quality of care provided by perfusionists. We are working with a partner to collect and analyze large amounts of machine data and are making plans with academic institutions to make available some of that data for medical research. I was introduced to the OHDSI community through a contact and having no background in medical research myself but eager to learn more, especially in regards to OMOP and developing against a common data model that might benefit the industry at large, decided to join and see what’s up.

1 Like

Welcome @eugenekim-orrum :smiley:
If you prefer Korean to English, please use OHDSI-Korea forum, too.

Hello OHDSI community! My name is Joe Murray. I’m a thoracic oncologist at Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. My current research focuses around on-treatment monitoring of therapeutic response to immunotherapy and other targeted therapies in lung cancer.

I’m an MD-PhD trained translational researcher with a diverse background in laboratory information management systems, bioinformatics, natural language processing, as well as molecular/cell biology and cancer genomics (and other multi-omic studies). I’m interested in OMOP Oncology and the Genomics working groups, but happy to learn more about all aspects of OHDSI before taking deeper dives.

@Paul_Nagy was kind enough for introduce me to @krfeeney, who in turn connected me to others in the community. Thanks to them all for guiding me to the right corners of OHDSI and look forward to connecting with others via the forums, working groups, and more.

Now to crack open The Book of OHDSI…

All the best,
Joe

1 Like

Hello community!
I realized I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Diego Boscá, I’m a software developer at VeraTech for Health. I got here through the EHDEN project, where we are helping with the transformation to OMOP CDM for 3 reference Spanish Hospitals.
I have a Ph. D. in Computer Science by The Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV). I’m part of the openEHR Specifications Committee (SEC). One of my main research areas is the translation between standards (HL7 FHIR, HL7 CDA, openEHR, ISO13606, CDISC ODM, etc.), so I’m pretty excited to be part of OHDSI!

Hi everybody,
I cofounded mederrata, a team that was in the CMS AI Health Innovations Challenge. My group is continuing our work on understanding readmissions and adverse events. We are currently evaluating a transition to OMOP CDM as we also transition to FHIR.

Hi everybody,

I am a director of product management at Apervita. We work with CQL-based content and FHIR. We are evaluating a transition to OMOP because of its interoperability with FHIR.

Greetings !

I am Pat Stroh, Senior Director of Data Science at Annexus Health (which focused on alleviating financial toxicity for improved patient outcomes (esp. in oncology but expanding set of diseases).
Wide ranging interests in using health care data for explanatory and predictive modeling, and patient and provider support.
Big data, machine learning, etc.
Primary technologies: Azure, Databricks, and Python.
Best wishes.

Hello everyone!

I’m Jeff Tran, and I’m a cardiology fellow at the University of Arizona doing an NIH T32 year. I have a background in data analytics and econometrics based in a past life in health policy consulting. My primary stats programming languages are STATA and R. I can do a bit of Python.

I’m starting a data lab over here at the Sarver Heart Center, and I’m aiming to align the lab’s data structure with the OMOP CDM. The data source is from routine data dumps from our EHR (Cerner) to a clinical data warehouse. The data will be used for cardiovascular research and webapps for clinical applications.
Looking forward to working with you all and helping out where I can!
Jeff

Hello all,

My name is Jaleal Sanjak and I am brand new here to OHDSI. I have a background in population/statistical genetics and have been interested in applying new statistical methods to observational health data for several years now. For the past few years I worked as a data scientist for a life science consulting company. Now, I am serving as a Data and Technology Advancement scholar at the NIH National Center for Advancement of Translational Science (NCATS) within their Informatics core group. At the moment I am interested in integrating and harmonizing different data resources to advance translational research on rare diseases.

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Cheers,
Jaleal

1 Like

Hello all,

My name is Jack Chang. I am the Lead Informatician at Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) at University of Rochester Medical Center. My primary responsibility is to serve as technical liaison and between CTSI and health IT department to support the collaborative efforts of delivering research friendly ecosystems, in which researchers can gain better understanding of clinical data and have a secure and easy way to access data for their study needs. We are implementing OMOP CDM in our research data warehouse and depolying OHDSI tools to support cohort discovery and data quality measurement and monitoring.

I am also pursuing my PhD degree in translational biomedical science. My research interest is in clinical phenotyping in patients with Multiple Sclerosis using NLP and machine learning models.

This is a great community and I have already learned a lot. I am looking forward to working with you and contributing as well where I can.

Thank you
Jack

**Hullo Jack. How`re you ? I think that it´s useful to study Differential Functions, Differential operator multiplication method for fractional differential equations & other possible differencial math topics to perform an excellent study of clinical phenotyping in patients with Multiple Sclerosis using NLP and machine learning models. **

**First read this first clue, Differential Multuple Sclerosis´impacts in different ethnic groups: **

:A mathematical model of the multiple sclerosis plaque - ScienceDirect

** Second clue: (Multiple) Sclerosis. (Multiple) Math operators.**

**What do you think about my idea ? I hope it can be useful to you. **

** Looking forward… Best regards. **

** CARLOS ALBERTO GARAY, Prof. Eng. Buenos Aires. Argentina**

t