OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

Hello OHDSI Community,

I am an epidemiologist (PhD) with research focus in healthcare-associated infections. My expertise is in conducting observational studies to identify best treatment and prevention practices for bacterial infections. I am an Associate at the University of Iowa College of Medicine.

Look forward to learning and working with my fellow researchers in the awesome OHDSI community! Stay safe!

Best,
Rajeshwari

Hi,

I am manager of the RWE Data & Analytics team in the RWE Center of Excellence at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in Boston.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alejandro-cajigal-37038174/

I look forward to future collaborations and joining the OHDSI community!

Alejandro

Hi everyone!

I’m a resident doctor of Clinical Hematology working at the Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Porto (Porto, Portugal). I am also a researcher at the Population Health Research Domain (PopHealth) of the Life and Health Sciences Research Institute (ICVS, Braga, Portugal).

I want to join the OHDSI Research Network and contribute for expanding health knowledge by creating RWE!

Thanks for the opportunity to be part of the OHDSI community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Alex Skates, and I am a data scientist at Roche, based across London and Basel. I am currently trying to use RWD (including but not limited to observational heath dbs) to benchmark the safety of a number of drugs, as well as build models of personalised risk of adverse events.

I am rather new to the field of epidemiology, and as such am hoping to learn as much as I can from what already seems like a rather knowledgeable and friendly group of people. I stumbled across OHDSI rather unexpectedly, and I’d like to get involved with the PLP working group and contribute where I can. I have substantial python experience, somewhat less R experience, and also a fair bit of SQL knowledge.

Outside of work, I rather enjoy rock climbing

Hello,

My name is a Alexandre Malouvier and I am a Director of Global Strategy, Digital Health at PRA Health Sciences. PRA is a contract reserach organization that heavily invested in real-world data. We own for example that health data of more than 290 M Americans.

I have been in the industry for more that 20 years, speacilizing early on in late-phase research and then real-world studies. I help our decentralized studies to gather real-world data from our patients.

Hello, I am Alan Coltri. I spent many years at Johns Hopkins doing integration work for the EHR and ancillary applications. We started out with entirely home grown systems in the 1990’s and have gradually migrated to commercial vendors. Epic, Soft etc.

Recently we have been working to capture and integrate the colossal level of detail being collected by modern systems, and to do so using standard coding systems so that the data becomes shareable - hence OHDSI.

I have been reading about OHDSI and its CDM, Vocabulary, and Tools for about a month and am impressed by its scope. My current challenge is mapping our internal system codes to concepts. Not - too bad, because most of our systems already have relationships to standard code systems, even if they use internal codes within their own databases.

I hope to learn from you all, and am excited about the prospect.

Welcome, @acoltri!

Hello everyone,

My name is Noah Engel and I work as a Data Analyst at Columbia University Medical Center.

I started working with the OMOP CDM in January 2019 at Vanderbilt University, where I served as a Data Scientist for the All of Us Research Project. In July 2019, I transitioned to my current DA role at CUMC where I develop tools to assess data quality for the All of Us Research Program and work with our data partners to improve EHR submissions.

I will be leaving my role at CUMC shortly to pursue medical education (MD) at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine but I wanted to leave this comment in case anyone wanted further context on my profile down the line. I also hope to remain engaged with the OHDSI community in some capacity as I navigate my medical education.

linkedin.com/in/noahengel

Hi All,

my name is Nuno da Silva and I am working in a Portuguese Hospital. By training I am a biomedical engineer and have developed research in medical imaging and health data.

We currently evaluating the possibility of implementing OMOP CDM in my institution to boost research and collaborative work!

I am looking for some help to estimate the effort of implementing the OMOP CDM from the Hospital point of view. We have already a business intelligence team in our IT department.

In case someone would be available for a discussion, my email is nuno.asilva@hospitaldaluz.pt or nuno.andre.da.silva@gmail.com

Thank you

Hello community,

This is Emanuel Villa, I am not really a “newcomer” to the community, more of like a prodigal son that returns, hehe…

I had the great opportunity and pleasure to implement the OHDSI data model at my previous work more than 3 years ago, I changed jobs and city, and left that a side. However… I have just accepted another job, starting August, in which I will have the, again great opportunity, to work with the OHDSI data model, can’t express how excited I am about this.

So just want to drop my name out there as a come back, hope I can join the next community call, I miss the one yesterday due to previous commitment, but plan to join regularly again.

Best regards.

Hi all,
This is Qitong, I’m a newcomer here.
I graduated from Johns Hopkins Computer Science and major in AI/NLP.
Currently serve as CTO in Beijing Longleding Medical Tech. llc. in China, we are focus on RWS/PMS. Looking forward to making contribution to this community.
Thanks

Hello everyone,

this is Osama, a medical doctor, management consultant (x EY and IQVIA) and currently the CEO of TachyHealth, a leading healthcare AI startup in Dubai.

We’re working at the intersection between insurance and providers across the RCM, medical claims, medical coding, and clinical support system.

Here to understand more about OMOP and OHDSI and collaborate with the great community on mutual opportunities.

Please connect on osama@tachyhealth.com or https://www.linkedin.com/in/drosama/

Cheers,

This is very interesting question, actually.

Do anyone of the community has some sort of case study / implementation guide?

Friends: That’s what we have the Book of OHDSI for.

Hello Brandon,

It is a bit old topic, not sure if you are still active here. But I’ve seen some of snow owl stuff and I think it would help on a project we are working on (cross walking / conversion between ICD10-CM and ICD10-AM)

Are you available for a quick chat?
Osama@tachyhealth.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drosama/

Keen to connect together to explore research and project collaboration.

Osama@tachyhealth.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drosama/

Hi Dr. Schadow. I am currently a clinical informatics fellow at Regenstrief trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can! Hi from Indy.

Welcome @rita.rbsilva! you May want to reach out to @tduarte. The Portuguese speaking community is growing in OHDSI.

1 Like

Thank you @jposada! @tduarte, are you working in any project involving data from patients with hematologic malignancies?

Hi! I’m Regina Albanese. I’m a statistic. I have expertise in educational assessment. I am a university professor in a medical course. I am studying R. I would love to learn from this community. I need to learn english!

t