OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

(Maura Beaton) #648

Hello @lkubendran, @jswetha, @maheswari, @Arnaud-CH31, @cba2125, @fred.lapolla, @zotydelamota, @ajyoung, @markkramerus, @LouisHendriks, @okich, @Ambrish_singh and welcome to the OHDSI community!

Some of you have already joined our weekly community calls that take place every Tuesday at 12pm ET which is a great place to get started. If you’d like to join upcoming calls, more details are available here:
https://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:ohdsi_community

Also, please check out the weekly OHDSI digest which is posted to the forums every Monday, that’s where you can find details about upcoming OHDSI meetings, OHDSI publications and updates about the community. The latest digest was posted here: Weekly OHDSI Digest 11May2020

Finally, check out the ‘New to OHDSI’ tab on ohdsi.org for more information on how to get involved and lists of upcoming OHDSI meetings.

(Hari) #649

Hi Everyone!

My name is Hari Patel, and I am an independent consultant working for Immensity Consulting, Inc. I help pharma companies with the strategy and generation of real-world evidence.

Training:
PharmD
Fellowship in HEOR
Ph.D. in Pharmacoepi

I would like to help the community with prioritization of clinically relevant research questions and conducting studies.

(Gillian Hall) #650

I have been involved studies based on electronic healthcare records for over 20 years. My experience is mainly in drug safety and disease epidemiology and includes the design, protocol writing, outcome and exposure definition / identification, and reporting. This work includes vaccine exposure safety and Kawasaki disease as an outcome. I am happy to use this experience where needed.

I have a research question. Exposure to COVID-19 may increase the risk of Kawasaki disease in children. Could OHDSI help to understand this association?

Hi, I am Tontel Obene. I was the lead Epidemiologist/Evaluator for Mississippi Urban Research Center (MURC), currently recuperating from an accident I sustained on the job. There, I monitored and analysed data on heart disease and stroke prevention programs in the Mississippi Delta to find out their impact on the community. Mississippi Urban Research Center provides both basic and applied research into problems that plague urban communities and make this data available to policy makers.

I would like to take part in any collaborative research work. I am proficient in SPSS and SAS, but working on R. I strongly believe in the concept that “there is no I in team”.

Open to lending my expertise in whatever way I can to impact lives.

(Filipa Duarte-Ramos) #652

Hello, I am Filipa, from Portugal.
I would be very pleased to have the chance to work with you on this challenging project. Can you help me to discover how?

Please find my short professional bio below:

Filipa Duarte-Ramos is an assistant professor at the Social Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Portugal, since 2012, where she teaches since 2001.
She holds a PhD in Pharmacoepidemiology awarded by the University of Lisbon in 2012, a MSc in Epidemiology awarded by the Nova Medical School of Lisbon in 2002, and graduated in Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1994 by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon.

Filipa’s research interests are related to the investigation of health determinants, in particular the study of the positive and negative outcomes from the use of medicines by the population. She is also interested in the study of drug utilization in special populations or conditions and health outcomes research.

Filipa currently serves as a member of the European Network of Centres for Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacovigilance at the European Medicines Agency (ENCePP – EMA) and was part of the Special Interest Group in Drug Safety in Pregnancy. She represents the Faculty of Pharmacy in the plenary meetings of the ENCePP since 2011.

Filipa currently serves as Epidemiology Expert of the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

She is coordinator and researcher at OPSS (Health System Portuguese Observatory) and member of Epidemiology Research Unit (EPIUnit)- Oporto Public Health Institute (ISPUP)

(Christian Reich) #653

@Gillian.Hall, @FDuarteRamos: Welcome to the family. Please scroll up a little bit. @MauraBeaton tells you how to come in and get engaged. Good luck.

(Dalia) #654

Hi Everyone,

I am Dalia Dawoud. Currently working as Scientific Adviser at NICE in the UK. My interest is in economic evaluations and use of RWD to inform cost effectiveness analysis. I have experience in systematic reviews, network meta-analyses and economic modelling as well.

I look forward to actively contributing in literature reviews, study design and writing research papers for publications.

BW
Dalia

(Joonas Puura) #655

Hello!

I am Joonas Puura, currently a computer science PhD student at University of Tartu, Estonia. My research topic is on applying machine learning to health data for evidence.

My intention here is to learn how to use OHDSI tools and also be able to contribute code-wise, and why not also contribute to community research. I mainly work with Python, but do have basic knowledge in R and SQL, which OHDSI seems to be more reliant on.

Joonas

(Akari Kira) #656

Hello! I am Akari from Japan.
I am a high school student, and I study several traditional medicines.

I joined the OHDSI community because I thought this would be an essential tool to show and analyze the complicated and detailed information of the traditional medicine to use as evidence for better decisions.
I am taking the IBDP course and the data analytics just drove my attention.
I just started learning about the OHDSI and OMOP, and I am not sure what I can contribute as a newbie but I am looking forward to learn more!

(Thanos Vidakis) #657

Hello all!

I am Thanos, my background is electrical engineering and the last 3 years I am part of the Vivante Health Software and Data Science team based in Greece. We are looking to find the best way of structuring claims/EMR data and later on questionnaire/survey data for analytics and predictive modeling. I m really happy to join this huge open source project/team and looking forward to contribute after I understand what is going around here :). So for me the next days is reading and testing out some of the tools. I ll mostly focus on CDM and the ETL processes.

Many thanks to all of you!
Thanos

(Maura Beaton) #658

Welcome @TOBENE, @ddawoud, @jopuura, @akajpn, @thanos_vidakis

Some of you joined in on yesterday’s community calls (community call take place every Tuesday at 12pm ET) which is a great place to get started. If you’d like to join upcoming calls, more details are available here: https://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:ohdsi_community

For more details about regular OHDSI meetings and how to get involved please check out the weekly OHDSI digest which is posted to the forums every Monday. The latest digest was posted here: Weekly OHDSI Digest - 18May2020

Finally, check out the ‘New to OHDSI’ tab on ohdsi.org for more information on how to get involved and lists of upcoming OHDSI meetings. All OHDSI meetings are open to anyone interested in getting involved, so please don’t hesitate to join in :slight_smile:

This is very helpful. Thank you so much! :+1:

(Filipa Duarte-Ramos) #660

Thank you very much, Maura!

t