OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

Welcome @myriamalexander, @y7g2p, @Robert_Clark and all other newcomers! A great place to get started is our New to OHDSI page on OHDSI.org, which lists upcoming meetings for the week. Joining working group meetings is a great way to see what’s happening in the community!

Hello All
I am new to this OHDSI community, I am Lakshmi Kubendran from Global-Value-Web, I am currently working with ETL implementation and Data Analytics .
We have an in-house expertise who are willing to work on patient records and convert them into OHDSI OMOP CDM model.

Willing to learn more from you all!
Thanks
Lakshmi K

Hi Everyone,

I am Dr.Swetha kiran and working with GVW technologies. I’m new to OHDSI concepts but have a lot of enthusiasm to learn more about it. I am here to gain knowledge on OHDSI OMOP and I just now started to dive into the OHDSI tools. I really want to engage with the OHDSI community and learning more about the CDM and data analysis.

Glad to be here and look forward to getting involved!

Hello everyone,
I am Maheswari Rajasekaran from GVW technologies. I have a PhD in pharmacology. In our company, we are working on OMOP CDM and other OHDSI tools. I am looking forward to participate in OHDSI community events and learn a lot from others in the community.
Regards
Maheswari

Hi Everyone,

My name is Arnaud Bethencourt and I am a consultant focusing on the generation of global value/argumentation dossier for the Medtech/IVD industry mainly. I am leading within my current company Medows Sarl our efforts to structure european medico-administrative data into the CDM.
I am looking forward to collaborate on the medical device part, mostly on the Healthcare system data and economic data implementation of the CDM.
I would love to also initiate discussions around the development of standardized ETL queries to support device argumentation analytic to healthcare system.

Already using mapping softwares from OHSDI internally and really thrived about the recent launch of the educational platform.

Glad to be here and great applause to all the initiatives that have been made over the past years, incredible times, with endless analytical possibilities to build up Healthcare Future.

1 Like

Hello OHDSI!

My name is Chris Anderson and I am a urologic oncologist at Columbia University in New York City. I treat many patients with bladder cancer and administer a fair amount of an immunotherapy called BCG to treat certain stages of bladder cancer. BCG is also used as a tuberculosis vaccine in many countries around the world.

During the current COVID pandemic, there have been some interesting observations about BCG being protective of COVID infection. The OHDSI network could be uniquely poised to answer questions about this possible relationship.

If anyone is interested in collaborating, please reach out!

Thanks,

Chris

2 Likes

Hello @cba2125. Unfortunately, Korea is one of the endemic countries for tuberculosis, so all Korean people get the BCG vaccine against tuberculosis, usually in their youth.
And there have been fewer than five new cases of daily COVID-19 originating in Korea recently.

I don’t know how we can prove the link between BCG vaccines and COVID-19 infections, but welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I am interested. See discussion here:

I had thought that we would need hundreds of thousands to millions of cases to review to be able to find effective medications by looking at collected medical histories alone. But as I indicated in that comment, I think we can find useful associations from using just a few thousand cases. Note then there are now several reported studies around the world reviewing COVID-19 patients medical histories at a few thousand cases, such as the New York study I mentioned in that comment.

Robert Clark

Perhaps we could compare recent immigrants to Korea or long-term visitors who have not received the vaccine to see if they contract the virus in higher numbers.

Robert Clark

1 Like

Hi all, I am Fred LaPolla, a medical librarian at NYU Langone Health. I am learning about OHDSI so that we can provide support to our researchers doing COVID-19 research.

3 Likes

Hello Everybody, My name is Zoty De La Mota and I am a professional data architect/engineer/scientist and I am thrilled to have join this awesome community. Looking forward to the collaboration of the development encompassed in the mission of such community.

Hello everyone! I’m Kristina Lindsley and my area of focus for the last 15 years has been in systematic reviews and evidence synthesis. Most of my professional life so far was at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health - in the Center for Clinical Trials and Department of Epidemiology. Now I am at IBM Watson Health in the Life Science group, helping to jump start it’s Literature-based Research Services group. I’m hoping my experience and training will be a useful contribution to the wonderful and diverse community here and am looking forward to learning and collaborating with OHDSI.

1 Like

Hello!

I am finishing up my fellowship in trauma, surgical critical care, and emergency general surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. I will be moving to Columbus, Ohio soon to start as a faculty member at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.

My interests include traumatic falls, surgical infections, cervical spine injury, sepsis, and improving access to data that allows surgeons to make better decisions. I have a bit of programming experience from my undergraduate degree in computer science. I am excited to join the OHDSI community and see how I can contribute.

Regards
Andrew

Hello Chris,
I am with the COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition (c19hcc.org), and we are starting an observational study to investigate just what you are describing with BCG. We planned it just today, in fact. We have the largest EHR vendors in the US cooperating, so we can access quite a lot of data.
I’m new on this forum, you might want to email me at mkramer@mitre.org
Mark Kramer

1 Like

Hello to the OHDSI Community,

It’s been a while now since I first stumbled on the topic of OHDSI. Thanks to Nigel Hughes. It took a little while to grasp it. The OHDSI events in 2019, both at Erasmus MC in Rotterdam and in Bethesda, Washington were really very helpful.

Since the March event I have been asking people of our company, Global Value Web, to get more acquainted with the topic. Reason being is that we work with a lot of data for our clients across the LifeSciences value chain. As that is becoming more and more patient centric, and focused on patient outcome, OHDSI seems like an ideal bridge to the patient. An opportunity to connect healthcare with LifeSciences. And vice versa. An area where I believe our talent can be of great help.

Throughout my professional life I have been connecting people and companies digitally. Easing the communication in Babylon, so to speak. With our teams we hope to do the same with OHDSI for both HealthCare and LifeSciences.

We have presence in Europe, (NL/Italy/Swiss), US (NJ/PA/TX), and India (Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Mumbai). With all of us we are looking to expand the OHDSI Data network, and provide value additions across a broad spectrum, from technology through research related analytics. It will take time. Surely this community effort will be very helpful.

Stay safe, stay connected,

Louis

Greetings, My name is Ibrahim Okich a senior Pharmacist at Getrude’s children hospital in Nairobi, Kenya and a Health IT enthusiast. My interest is in medication therapy research and pharmacovigilance. I am also a self taught software developer who develops healthcare software applications that can be used to collect data for analysis.

My interest is in leveraging technology to solve medication related issues by continuously providing information to patients, providers and using patient reported outcomes to individualize treatment and make informed decision.

My interest is in Data science, analyzing big data, noting trends and training machines through machine learning to provide decision support tools in healthcare management to providers and patients.

Thanks for this platform, I hope to gain insights on big data research and analytics in health, provide or consume new ideas. I am open to collaborate and partner with different organization and teams that might need my expertise as a pharmacist, software developer and a data scientist to be, for the benefit of a healthier population and a vision of clinical predictive analytics.

Hi Odyssey Community,

I am Ambrish from Australia pursuing my PhD in medical studies, mainly involved in real-world evidence (RWE) studies based on the database. I am glad to join this knowledgeable forum of like-minded researchers from across the globe. I am looking forward to the opportunities to collaborate with other researchers here. I am interested in RWE studies, and observation studies, and meta-analysis.

One more thing, I am looking for a Stata buddy who has experience in analysis with Stata and is willing to mentor and guide a researcher like me for appropriate use of stata. :slight_smile: Please write to me if you would like to be my stata buddy/mentor

I can be reached on ambrishagastya[at]gmail.com. I will be happy to connect with other teachers, know about their interest and contribute in ways I can.

KR
Ambrish

Hello @lkubendran, @jswetha, @maheswari, @Arnaud-CH31, @cba2125, @fred.lapolla, @zotydelamota, @ajyoung, @markkramerus, @LouisHendriks, @okich, @Ambrish_singh and welcome to the OHDSI community!

Some of you have already joined our weekly community calls that take place every Tuesday at 12pm ET which is a great place to get started. If you’d like to join upcoming calls, more details are available here:
https://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:ohdsi_community

Also, please check out the weekly OHDSI digest which is posted to the forums every Monday, that’s where you can find details about upcoming OHDSI meetings, OHDSI publications and updates about the community. The latest digest was posted here: Weekly OHDSI Digest 11May2020

Finally, check out the ‘New to OHDSI’ tab on ohdsi.org for more information on how to get involved and lists of upcoming OHDSI meetings.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Hari Patel, and I am an independent consultant working for Immensity Consulting, Inc. I help pharma companies with the strategy and generation of real-world evidence.

Training:
PharmD
Fellowship in HEOR
Ph.D. in Pharmacoepi

I would like to help the community with prioritization of clinically relevant research questions and conducting studies.

I have been involved studies based on electronic healthcare records for over 20 years. My experience is mainly in drug safety and disease epidemiology and includes the design, protocol writing, outcome and exposure definition / identification, and reporting. This work includes vaccine exposure safety and Kawasaki disease as an outcome. I am happy to use this experience where needed.

I have a research question. Exposure to COVID-19 may increase the risk of Kawasaki disease in children. Could OHDSI help to understand this association?

t