OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

(jonstrong) #567

Hi Maura et al -

I’m Jonathan (“Jon”) Strong. I’ve got more decades of experience than I usually care to admit in IT in all roles from architect through CIO / CTO, and have split my career about 50/50 between consulting and corporate roles. I’ve worked in many industries, leveraging experience in healthcare IT in DNA testing over the past couple of years, focused now on Adverse Events, case reporting, analytics and the like in my role as CIO for Veracuity LLC.

I’ve been reading / absorbing literature and studies (as I find them) on OHDSI and the CDM, specifically as it applies to Adverse Events recording, classification, querying and analytics. I’m weighing the cost/benefit of adopting some or all of the CDM, using it as a core data model vs being an adjunct model for import and export, etc.

I’m happy to compare notes and potentially help out if there are topics that might be in my wheelhouse - please reach out and let me know if there’s an area I might help in. You can get a sense of my experience from my LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonstrong/ . I’ll also be on the lookout for areas I might help in as I get up to speed on the community and learn more about OHDSI. I’m based in the Princeton, NJ area - also equidistant (roughly) to NYC and Philly – happy to meet up as well. Looking forward to learning more (and hopefully making a useful contribution!).

• Jon

(Michael Shamberger) #568

Hi,

My name is Michael Shamberger and have working with OMOP format on and off for about 4 years. I have a masters degree in Machine Learning from Georgia Tech. I am interested in omop and Big Data Healthcare analytics. I have expertise in using OMOP with spark clusters. I recently contributed a module to synthea-international for the country of Finland and am planning now to do it for the entire Europe. My latest interest is seeing how massive open datasets can be used with healthcare in OMOP format to improve patient outcomes.

Mike

t