OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Type concepts, mismatch between Rabbit in a Hat and Athena

When looking at xxx_type_concept_id fields, there seems to be a mismatch between the recommendations Rabbit in a Hat gives and what can be found in Athena (and omop concept table).
For example, RiaH gives “32516 EHR Record contributory cause of death” as a valid value for death_type_concept_id.
When check the accepted concepts from Athena using link from https://ohdsi.github.io/CommonDataModel/cdm531.html#death,
“32516” is not one of the standard concepts. Actually 32516 is not a standard concept any more.

Based on this discussion

Am I correct to assume that Rabbit in a Hat has obsolete information and this is a relatively new change?
This seems to apply to all xxx_type_concept_id fields.

As the source I am dealing with is an EHR, it seems 32817 EHR is the best concept to use as _type_concept_id.

Hello Pasi,
Yes, you are correct that all vocabularies in the “Type Concept” domain have been deprecated except for the vocabulary named “Type Concept” (note that it shares the exact same name as the domain).

See this forum post: Important vocabulary release: Type Concept and Condition Status

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your main question: Why doesn’t Rabbit-in-a-Hat reflect these latest updates?

1 Like
t