Astellas is announcing a Real World Informatics Global Analytics Lead opportunity in Northbrook, IL, Leiden, The Netherlands, or Tokyo, Japan.
Purpose & Scope:
This position will lead the global real-world informatics (RWI) capability for the analytics execution – the design, building and execution of the ‘Analytics Service Center’ within the RWI function. This individual must work collaboratively with all parts of the Astellas business and other members of Astellas’ RWI CoE.
A successful individual in this role will be able to apply the appropriate degree of analytic guidance, innovation, and rigor (including QA/QC processes and resources) to multiple different types of analyses to support the expansion of RWI use across Astellas.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Builds and leads a team responsible for realizing the value of RWI through the ‘Analytics Service Center’
- Responsible for working with other members in the RWI function to enable efficient and effective project execution for projects sourced from the business and scoped by the functional and regional interfaces within the RWI function
- Responsible for managing the ‘Analytics Service Center’ to serve the broad needs of Astellas’ RWI customers across multiple geographies (US, Europe and Asia), multiple functions and multiple use cases (e.g. publications, internal decision making, hypothesis generation)
- Design and lead deployment of the analytics services resource model consisting of internal and external resources in aggregate for the function and on individual projects
- Manage workload and resourcing of projects among TA-aligned methodologists, programmers and statisticians in the RWI function
- Set quality standards/processes to effectively manage demand in tailored to different types of analytic delivery needs (e.g. protocolized vs. fast-cycle)
- Input for setting departmental objectives and key performance indicators; accountable for accurately measuring and reporting those analytics execution
- Responsible for keeping up to date on analytics and informatics developments in the RWI and Big Data fields related to pharma and healthcare and bringing appropriate innovations into the RWI function and Astellas (more broadly)
This position will have responsibility for the operating budget to build and maintain a group of internal and external resources for executing the analytics within the function. This includes managing budget for outsourced analyses up to $3MM.
This position reports directly to Astellas Executive Director RWI function and will have responsibility for a group of approximately seven individuals (mix of methodologists, programmers, statisticians and data scientists). Initially the entire RWI CoE organization will include a mix of internal and external (contract resources). With demonstrated success in the initial build out and expansion to grow as support for more diverse geographies, therapeutic areas and additional RWI demands.
- Advanced degree (e.g. PhD in statistics)
- 15+ years related experience with 8+ years in healthcare analytics and statistics
- Prior management of analytics functions including stats, methodologists, etc.
- Knowledge of support infrastructure to enable real-world analytics execution
- Deep expertise with HEOR, epidemiology and publications and medical communications
- Technical knowledge in related competencies including RWI data types, common analytic use cases, and methods
- Experience with business analytics
- Expert knowledge of compliance, privacy and safety pertinent to real-world data analytics
- Experience with real world informatics across multiple geographies
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.us.astellas.com/careers/