OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

[OHDSI Covid19] Review on existing treatment experiments

Thank you @ZachMoldwin for the CT.gov data and scraper code.

Along those lines, my colleagues at Georgia Tech created a CT.gov scraper a while back and re-ran yesterday which they sent my way. I will add to our resources as well. It does a bit of data structuring. Results can be found here:

1 Like

My pleasure, Jon – I was wondering whether I had reinvented the wheel here. :slight_smile: Let me know what directions, if any, I can help to expand, or if we are out of the automated phase and into the manual curation phase. Thanks!

works for me too!

I can go 10pm to midnight Beijing time.

Hi Jon,

We cannot open the google docs from my computer at the Agency. How should we proceed to open these documents?

Many thanks, Ana

1 Like

In my lab, we have created (and are improving) a similar ClinicalTrials.gov code to arrive at a set of relevant COVID19/sars-cov-2 trials. The level of structuring may be even deeper than file posted by Jon. It is based on this schema here:

link with more AACT Database | Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative

Also see

1 Like

Hi Jon, Can you please send us the details of the phone call that you are planning for tomorrow. Many thanks, Ana

Hi all,

I set up an 11am ET for tomorrow 3/24.
11PM Beijinjg
8am Victoria BC

Hope that works for all.

https://meet.gtri.gatech.edu/jon.duke/XOTVV1CR

404-407-4501 (AtlantaRegion) English (United States)
866-931-4874 (AtlantaRegion) English (United States)

Conference ID: 9064716

Awesome @Vojtech_Huser! Can you run on some key terms for coronavirus, covid etc?

Anyone seen the news On WHO SOLIDARITY study?

“WHO launches global megatrial of the four most promising coronavirus treatments | Science | AAAS” https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/who-launches-global-megatrial-four-most-promising-coronavirus-treatments

Open label, Including :

Remdesivir
Chloriquine/Hydroxychloroquine
Lopinavir/Ritonavir
Lopinavir/Ritonavir/interferon beta

The last one is controversial. An uncommon AE with interferon is interstitial pneumonitis, so it’s somewhat courageous.

These are included in our literature searches and studies, not sure about IFN Beta.

Yes, that works for me in Victoria. Thx

Folks - I may be ghost-writing a commentary article for publication this week in a peer-reviewed journal. One fact I am trying to track down is # of studies. Can I write something like “The open science consortium Observational Health Data Science & Informatics (OHDSI) COVID-19 working group has found 134 studies …” I am saying 134 because that is what is in the Jon Duke google sheet, for all I know it’s been updated. Anyway, question stands… if anyone knows of a larger list, please let me know.
Thanks
Shawn
consultant to Gates Foundation
202-460-4660

Hi Shawn and all,

Just something to know about

be well

2 Likes

Hey Shawn,

Our spreadsheet is registered clinical trials (though includes beyond just US). Are you looking for that or like every kind of study?

Hi - I will need counts of everything eventually. But your document(s) as you define them might make for an excellent statistic and give me a chance to give a shout out to OHDSI.

This WHO document references 508 “trials” listed on International Clinical Trials Registry Platform 508 trials referenced by WHO.pdf (790.9 KB)

Hi, I was the principal manager of the OMOP project when it started at PhRMA back in 2005. One of the things that occurred to me yesterday was whether we could get chemoprotective data for the anti-malarial drugs based on usage from lupus or rheumatoid arthritis patients. It’s a shot in the dark and because it’s still difficult to link pharmacy and clinical data across diverse datasets one would probably have to go into an HMO setting where they are linked. Because of the large case load of SARS-CoV-2 in Seattle, Kaiser-Permanente might be in a position to look at their patient database (I don’t know the prevalence of the patient population on therapy and the numbers may be too small). This was one of the goals of the original business plan for the project.

Alan

Thanks Alan. This is what we were also thinking

Sorry having tech problems. When I call the number I get call fail

new link

https://gatech.webex.com/gatech/e.php?MTID=m99e4a06a60abc691f0d2e4d84a0fd007

t