OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

[OHDSI Covid19] Review on existing treatment experiments

I’m opening up this thread to be a place for the ‘review on existing treatment experiments’ sub-team, led by @szarfman and @jon_duke , can have team discussions and share progress. Thanks for all your efforts!

I’ll also note this link, which provides a useful visual roadmap of some of the trials that’ll report out in the next month: https://www.biocentury.com/article/304658

2 Likes

Dear all, I add public AEMPS information from 3 Spanish trials that do not seem to appear yet in Clinicaltrials.gov
Thanks,
Neus

studies Spain.xls (82 KB)

Thanks so much Neus!

hello guys!
I’m sorting what’s on ChinaClinicalTrials out quickly as there are too many going on there. I’ll upload very soon.

1 Like

Thanks that will be most useful

Hi all!
Here’s a rough sort-out of all registered covid-19 trials until today in China, registered on
http://www.chictr.org.cn/index.aspx
CHINA-citric-UPLOAD.xlsx (99.7 KB)

So the first sheet is all trials going on, but I sorted it out by with TCM or not, so if it is a TCM or TCM in combination trial, I labeled as yes and then filter out. Then I roughly sort out by TITLES/NAMES OF THE TRIAL. If the trial name is specifying trial type then I put them on second sheet as priorities to look into;
If the trial isn’t specific trial type or is observation study or nothing with intervention, I put in the third sheet that I’ll re-evaluate later.

So to go on, would you guys also guide me what information of the trials shall we include in (end date/ trial type/ trial design/ no of pts)? Shall we sort out interventions first and followed with all ongoing trials? Or shall we include details of trial by trial??
Or shall we look into trials with results first?

PS.

Trial result of Lopinavir–Ritonavir

After the H1N1 pandemic, a clinical trial protocol was developed to flexibly evaluate a range of different interventions to treat community acquired pneumonia and secure Regulatory and Ethics approval so it would be ready for another outbreak of community acquired pneumonia (CAP) It’s useful to see the clinical trial endpoints for this REMAP-CAP trial because the Study-a-Thon may want to use similar endpoints to evaluate drug effects from retrospective data. Some of the COVID-19 treatments will be investigated prospectively with this protocol.
REMAP CAP design and rationale.pdf (3.4 MB)

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m a pharmacy student at University of Illinois at Chicago who does research with HemOnc.org (currently partnering with OHDSI). Due to COVID-19, I would like to help where I can, e.g. literature reviews. I could also potentially help with analytical tasks (Python, SQL, some R). Please let me know where I can contribute. I also posted in the general forum since this is a new account. Thanks!

Is there an on-line meet-up or instructions on how we coordinate this literature review?

2 Likes

Thanks @ZachMoldwin @CSung @hainiwen @Daniel_Prieto @Neus_Valveny. @szarfman @msuchard and myself look forward to working with all of you.

A super initial google doc with just a few references is here, please edit or send suggestions for what other data we should cover.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15bPQplmCnxTB_k0bO5n69fMUmg3uO9ADcoqDwTNjFJc/edit#gid=0

So sorry, the page is now unlocked! ;0

Thank you so much for those have added to the document. If there are other elements that you feel we should include feel free to create new columns for those.

Also I realize that I incorrectly added a few papers that were not trials and would fall to the other lit review groups. I’ll clean those up.

In terms of time zones, where people are located so that we can find a good time to meet?

In Washington DC

Central (Chicago). BTW, I wrote a quick-and-dirty script to scrape the data elements from clinicaltrials.gov into a spreadsheet, if anyone is interested. Python script is here.

1 Like

Beijing China, GMT+8

Victoria, BC, Canada ; same as US PDT (GMT -7)

Okay, we’ve got a 15 hour span there :slight_smile: @hainiwen how late can you grab a call? I’m thinking somewhere in the 10am ET range would be 7am Victoria time and 10pm Beijing.

Would that work?

Will midnight work?

Works for me in Victoria

Midnight EDT also ok for me in Victoria

t