OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Call for participation - OHDSI APAC Studies

As part of the APAC Symposium 2021, the APAC Community selected 4 studies to push into 2022. We would love to have folks around the world join us and help us with these studies. I’ve created a poll for anyone who has an interest in joining the study groups for each study (https://forms.office.com/r/K77ijSreyR). If you have an interest, please fill out this poll. If you want to participate in more than 1 study, you will have to fill this out more than once.

• Study 1: Characterization of non-communicable disease across the pre- and post- COVID-19 era (Korea)

• Aim: Identification of the incidence, prevalence, and treatment pattern of non-communicable diseases (especially hypertension and diabetes mellitus) across the pre- and post-COVID-19 era.
  • Study 2: Quality assessment of CDM databases across the OHDSI-AP network (Korea)

• Aim: The goal of the inspection report is to provide insight into the completeness, transparency, and quality of the performed ETL process and the readiness of the data partner to be onboarded in OHDSI-AP network and participate in research studies. We will ask institutions to execute CdmInspection Package (https://github.com/ABMI/CdmInspection)
  • Study 3: Real world safety of treatments for multiple sclerosis (Australia)

• Utilisation patterns and treatment pathways of treatments in MS
    • Risk of serious infections and virus reactivation (e.g TB, HepB, herpes zoster) in people treated with biologic medicines
  • Study 4: Comparison of mortality, morbidities & healthcare resources utilisation between patients with and without a diagnosis of COVID-19; (China)

2 Likes

Hi Mui,

very interesting studies you selected!

I’m working on data harmonisation in Multiple Sclerosis within the MS Data Alliance and also focus on conversion of MS registry data to the OMOP CDM. Since we are very much interestered in connecting to other MS initiatives (in the OMOP field), I wanted whether you or the person/group iself could share who is behind study 3?

Thanks a lot!
Tina

1 Like

Hi Tina,
I proposed study 3. We have recently looked at utilisation and treatment pathways in Australia and compared with published results in the US. Happy to share more with you on this. I will also be presenting in the OHDSI APAC community call next week but the time might not suit you so happy to set up a separate call if that is easier.
Cheers Nicole

1 Like
t