OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Broadsea Docker - No able to enable Atlas Regular security

Hi OHDSI Community.
env file.txt (11.0 KB)

I am exploring Broadsea for docker functionality on Local Azure VM. I followed all the instructions and it works for me with disabled security. I tried enabling the security mode but it failed for me. It says webapi is not working. I have attached the .env file, in case I am missing some parameters. Also, is it mandatory to obtain a crt and key file and enable ssl for the security module? Any help will be really appreciated.

@Ajit_Londhe I followed your you tube video. Can you help please. Thanks

Hi @sadrangans - sorry for the delay. The “basic” security pattern isn’t working in 3.0, we’re fixing it for Broadsea 3.1. You may want to try the develop branch of Broadsea.

Regarding SSL, this is optional. If you want to enable SSL, you would need a crt and key file.

FYI: Our last unit test of the develop branch on the basic auth succeeded:

Ajit, I was wrestling with the same thing and see the develop branch under construction.

Do you have an estimated date for pushing the new release? I can live without security if it’s just going to be a little while

Hi @Ajit_Londhe , Thanks for coming back. I am using the dev branch now. I managed to get it running and get to the websecurity page. when I click on the page I get page not found error. I am attaching few screenshots. Any help will be really appreciated.

env file

############################################################################################################################################################

Section 1:

Broadsea Host

############################################################################################################################################################
DOCKER_ARCH=“linux/amd64” # change this to linux/arm64 if using Mac Silicon, otherwise keep as-is
BROADSEA_HOST=“127.0.0.1” # change to your host URL (without the http part)
HTTP_TYPE=“http” # if using https, you need to add the crt and key files to the ./certs folder
BROADSEA_CERTS_FOLDER="./certs"

Section 2:

Atlas GUI configuration

ATLAS_INSTANCE_NAME=“Broadsea”
ATLAS_COHORT_COMPARISON_RESULTS_ENABLED=“false”
ATLAS_USER_AUTH_ENABLED=“true” # set to true if using security, but ensure you fill out the WebAPI/Atlas security sections below
ATLAS_PLP_RESULTS_ENABLED=“false”

Section 3:

WebAPI Database configuration

Keep as-is if using Broadsea to launch the WebAPI postgres, replace if using an external postgres instance

WEBAPI_DATASOURCE_URL=“jdbc:postgresql://broadsea-atlasdb:5432/postgres”
WEBAPI_DATASOURCE_USERNAME=“postgres”
WEBAPI_DATASOURCE_PASSWORD=“mypass”
WEBAPI_DATASOURCE_OHDSI_SCHEMA=“webapi”

Section 4:

Atlas security provider configuration

Only modify if you are enabling security!

ATLAS_SECURITY_PROVIDER_TYPE=“basic” # ad, ldap, kerberos, openid, cas, oauth, iap, basic
ATLAS_SECURITY_PROVIDER_NAME=“OHDSI SECURITY” # What to call the provider in the Atlas GUI (e.g. “OHDSI Active Directory”)
ATLAS_SECURITY_ICON=“fa-cubes” # font-awesome icon name
ATLAS_SECURITY_USE_FORM=“false” # set to true for most security providers
ATLAS_SECURITY_USE_AJAX=“false” # set to true for most security providers except CAS

Section 5:

WebAPI security configuration

WEBAPI_SECURITY_PROVIDER=“AtlasRegularSecurity” # Change to AtlasRegularSecurity

choose one, set it to enabled, and replace with appropriate values

Basic

SECURITY_AUTH_JDBC_ENABLED=“true”
SECURITY_DB_DATASOURCE_SCHEMA=“webapi_security”
SECURITY_DB_DATASOURCE_URL=“jdbc:postgresql://broadsea-atlasdb:5432/postgres”
SECURITY_DB_DATASOURCE_DRIVERCLASSNAME=“org.postgresql.Driver”
SECURITY_DB_DATASOURCE_USERNAME=“postgres”
SECURITY_DB_DATASOURCE_PASSWORD=“mypass”

Thanks

@admin any thoughts, I haven’t explored jdbc based security as much.

t