OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

HQMF harmonization?

@Chris_Knoll @Daniella_Meeker @ljpearlman: Two years ago when conceptualizing our approach to cohort definition, we referred to Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF); we discussed HL7 whitepapers, read XML files aloud by campfire, etc. Do you know of any ongoing efforts harmonizing HQMF with the OHDSI stack? (e.g. translate an HQMF expression into Circe/Atlas) There may be interest at Northwestern and Mayo.

Hi, @mark_velez,
It was a while back but I do recall some of the details. I’m not sure there was a UI part of the HQMF platform that we could leverage inside a webapp for what we wanted to accomplish, and I’m not sure they were using the OMOP vocabularies to identify patients (it was raw source codes like ICD9s i believe). I’m not sure how much has evolved in the past 2 years, but I haven’t been keeping track of it. I’m not aware of any activity them together.

-Chris

We did a number of things with HQMF - can demo what we did. The measure authoring tool GUI generates HQMF, which we can use to query a view we publish of OMOP.

We also made a GUI was not hardened for authoring data sets derived from OMOP. We suspended dev on it after the new CQF roadmap was released. CMS will replace query syntax with CQL, which is actually a real language.

Anyway, was just talking about revisiting a GUI with a developer familiar with the new standards, so happy to get requirements from Mayo/NW.

Some code here:

I will post the other repo later.

Thanks for the response @Chris_Knoll. @daniellameeker, by CQL you mean the one by LoC, right? I always thought query on top of HTTP was the way to go. Out of curiosity, do you know of any open-source CQL drivers/bindings or even parsers? I’ll touch base with the Mayo/NW folks. Thanks!

@mark_velez, I believe @daniellameeker was referring to this CQL:

https://ecqi.healthit.gov/cql

There’s also an overview of eCQM related tools here (click on the boxes for links to more info):
https://ecqi.healthit.gov/ecqm-tools-key-resources

@Chris_Knoll

Wow, thanks @lee_evans! Very useful info, even besides this topic. We may want to keep up with this work, find opportunities to better serve the clinical quality stakeholder group.

Thanks @mark_velez for posting the question and @daniellameeker for the info on pSCANNER work done in this area. At a glance it looks like @daniellameeker’s work is done taking HQMF --> OHDSI SQL, right? We were considering going HQMF --> OHDSI JSON, which can leverage WebAPI to translate to the different SQL dialects. Interested on thoughts around that approach.

t