OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Genomic Data in the CDM

After lots of interest at the OHDSI symposium I would like to formally initiate a working group to discuss the addition of genomic data to the CDM. There has been some discussion on the forums here and Kyu-pyo Kim and @Yurang_Park presented a wonderful poster at the symposium detailing the extension they created specifically for this purpose. In this group I would like to leverage as much of their work as we can while making sure our proposal meets the needs of as many collaborators as possible. Please leave a comment if you would like to join and I will send out a doodle poll in a few days to find the best time for us to meet.

Clair

6 Likes

I would like to join the effort.

I would like to join.

Sign me up!

I would like to join

I’d like to join.

Thank you very much for your positive response.
Of course I’d like to join.
We hope that the extended version of the CDM genome will be available for further research through contributions from community members.
Please feel free to send us any personal comments or improvements on the poster.

Hi, I’m seojeong at Ajou University in Korea and would like to join!
We also have been making CDM extension version for storing Genetic data especially Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) results. Our Genetic CDM was built based on the ISO / TS20429, a global reporting standard of NGS analysis result.
We presented this project at Oncology working group face-to-face meeting at OHDSI symposium in Washington last week. So it seems to be nice if we work building Genetic CDM together with oncology subgroup. We hope contribute this effort!

I’d like to join, too!

I would like to join.

Hello everyone. I am quite happy that a lot of people shared these needs. Yu Rang and I shall upload our poster tables on to GitHub by next week. I due believe that these efforts can allow realization of precision medicine.

sign me up as well, please

Sign me up too.

I would like to join!

As NGS in cancer patients was started to be covered by Korean national insurance system from this year, many Korean hospitals in OHDSI network are just beginning to collect genomic data in caner patients.

18,000+ cases of Foundation Medicine (FMI) single nucleotide variants now available in the NCI Genomic Data Commons (GDC). (enter link description here) If clinical and genomic information of such open databases can be converted into CDM, it will be combined with real world CDM data to create strong evidences.

I think oncology working group can cooperate with genomic data group for this ambitious goal, since it has been hard to convert clinical information in open genomic database into OMOP-CDM until now.
@rimma @clairblacketer

I would like to join also.

I would like to join as well

I’m interested to join as well

Please sign me up too!

Sign me up please!

t