Hi all. This has probably been discussed at length, but I can’t find it (I read this and this related discussion, and looked at the documentation of the procedure_occurrence and measurement tables). So apologies in advance for asking what I probably should know:
I have a (Japanese) claims database that contains many claims for lab tests. Example descriptions are:
- “alanine aminotransferase (ALT)”
- “aspartate aminotransferase (AST)”
- “total bilirubins (TBIL)”
- “alkaline phosphatase (ALP)”
- “uric acid (UA)”
- “low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol”
- “free triiodothyronine (FT3)”
I only see the claims for the test procedures, I don’t have the lab values.
I don’t see corresponding Standard concepts in the
procedure domain, so I cannot record these in the
procedure_occurrence table. Should I record them in the
measurement table instead, without values? Or just discard them altogether?