OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Welcome to OHDSI! - Please introduce yourself

Hi all,

My name is Alice Porter and I work for a company called GrandCare which is a company that creates healthcare technology to assist the elderly and disabled people.

I am on the research team, which entails researching which features should be included/ will be most useful to the users, and has helped to successfully implement a monitoring system within the device.

The GrandCare system has recently come to the UK, so I am now based in Manchester helping to implement the right kind of features and changes to assist people over here and to see how their lifestyles and environments may require a different kind of accessibility/ usage.

Really keen to connect with like-minded individuals and professionals.

This is Yu, Wenbo from China.

I was a biostatisician in Merck. Right now, I work for a innovation health company which focuses on intergrating electronic health records from hospitals in China. Right now, we have more than 40 third-class one-grade hospitals done. These hospitals are the summit in China.

I am a research manager in charge of converting the data into scientific findings with doctors.OHDSI is one of tools we are looking for the convertion. I am still learning more about it.

Furthermore, we are looking for collaboration from globalwise to help us accelerate the researches.

My name is Gregg Hanold. My day job is as Chief Technology Officer, at Bellrock Intelligence. At Bellrock I am responsible for the technology, design, implementation and deployment decisions at Bellrock. Bellrock offers an Enterprise Intelligence Platform that provides decision support through actionable intelligence for the Healthcare industry through the Network Intelligence Rx solution. As part of our Architecture, we fuse the internal and institutional data sources from our clients. Our clinical team and advisers are exploring integration of the OMOP common data model and the use of OHDSI’s open-source tools as the foundation for our Clinical Data Model.

In terms of how I’d like to help the OHDSI community: My passion is in data sciences that can lead to better clinical outcomes through advanced analytical solutions. Supporting this community provides the collaboration vehicle and a common reference from which this can be achieved.

Hey All,

My name is Roy Pardee and I’m a Data Architect at Kaiser Permanente of Washington (or as I prefer–KaPoW!) in the Health Research Institute. I’ve been very involved in the HCSRN’s Virtual Data Warehouse for a lot of years, and have a general interest in distributed health research.

My interest in the OMOP CDM was recently rekindled at the AMIA joint summit meeting last month. I’m hoping to learn how you all are using OMOP and its associated assets (especially the vocabulary!) to advance your research, and see what lessons I can learn to bring to my customers & collaborators.

1 Like

Hi all,

My name is Hassan Chaudhury. I’m a co-founder and Chief Commercial Officer at Health iQ based in London’s Tech City. We’re an analytics agency with a heritage working in the NHS with real world observational data. We now use it primarily for pharmaceutical market access but also encompassing phase iii. I am involved in developing short courses at Imperial College London on data science and also the CSA for the IMI2 Big Data for Better Outcomes (BD4BO) project. My interest is in bringing interesting data science techniques to the data we have to make more informed clinical and commissioning decisions in the spirit of sustainability and care quality. OHDSI looks very interesting and I’m happy to help the community.

Hello everyone,

I have just joined your journey on this forum!

My name is Shahed Iqbal. I am currently working in Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. as director of epidemiology in the clinical safety and pharmacovigilance department and leading the activities undertaken by the epidemiology team including conducting pre- and post-marketing studies using healthcare databases.

I am interested in getting involved in studies, participating in methods discussions, and in helping to write research papers.

When I am not working, I basically spend all of my time with my two daughters learning names and stories of all the princesses and their pets.

Hoping to have a meaningful involvement.

Best,

Shahed

Hello everybody,

My name is Van, and I am an Statistical Programmer at the Oslo School of Nursing.

I am working on a Clinical trial study which is observational and we are trying to ETL through OMOP CDM.

I will need help regarding the same

Thank you.

Hi all! I’m a researcher out of UC Denver | Anschutz (the medical campus). My current work is focused on analyzing APCD data and mapping these to the OMOP CDM. I’m excited to learn more from this community and contribute.

Welcome to the family, @jessicatoth. What’s “APCD”?

Greetings,

My name is Dennis Crain. I am a professor at Washington State University, located in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, where we have just opened our medical school, the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine. The first cohort of students will begin their coursework this August! The medical school is co-located with our previously established Colleges of Nursing Pharmacy in the city of Spokane. With this new academic undertaking come many infrastructure and research opportunities. The first order of business (among many) is to rally the healthcare provider community to establish a region-wide health data repository using the common data model. While this will be an and enormous undertaking with many looming challenges it is one that is essential to the success of our health researchers and the betterment of the community members of the region.

My areas of research include healthcare robotics, augmented reality, and air quality as it relates to health and the built environment. I look forward to interacting with you as I begin this journey.

Hi Dennis, I spend several years growing up in Eastern Washington
(Yakima) and went to the WSU Extension in Richland for awhile. It is
great to hear that they have started a med school. I am collaborating
with folks on the Natural Product Drug Interaction center. Please let me
know if you have any questions about OHDSI, glad to chat further. best,
-Rich Boyce

Hi, Jessica,

My team is working on various mappings to OMOP CDM,
So if need help, ask, we can share our experience.

Greetings all!

I am a Chief Technical Architect who wants to leverage my knowledge of computer science and dive deeper into problem solving through data supporting health sciences. I am currently studying probability and statistics and excited over time to both learn and assist where I can.

Great to be a part of such a great organization and I look forward our interactions!

-Scott.

Hello all,

Excited to jump into this community; I work in healthcare analytics and have worked in basic and translational research, clinical trials, payer analytics, provider analytics, and third party claims administration. Currently focusing on clinical quality measures (process and outcome) and using new tech on old data (i.e., those unstructured data that we have ignored for too long) as well as statistical models to measure “risk” for outcomes beyond total cost of care. Looking forward to “joining the journey”. Geographically, I’m a transplant from Houston, TX to Madison, WI (Brrr). Look forward to meeting, learning from, and helping out members of the community.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi, My name is Sondus Ata

I’m a pharmacist working at King Saud University Medical City (KSUMC), Riyadh-Saudi Arabia. I have a master degree in pharmaceutical sciences. I work at outpatient pharmacy in addition I am a part time research assistant at the investigational drugs and research unit at KSUMC.
My research interests lie in the area of epidemiology, health services, medication safety and patient adherence. I have been involved with processing EMR data using SAP Business Objects InfoView and Discern Analytics.
My current interest areas now is big data analysis and patient registries. I am excited to learn more about OHDSI and explore collaboration opportunities.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I’m Ioan Filip, a Postdoctoral Research Scientist in the Rabadan Lab at Columbia University. I currently work on a project on respiratory infections in collaboration with the Department of Environmental Health Sciences. My broad interests are in immunology and the mathematical models of evolution.

I am number theorist by training, and I am also interested in the theory of networks, as well as in the development of software tools to explore longitudinal data sets.

Looking forward to collaborate with the OHDSI community!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Debra Turnage. I work for the University of California - Office of the President, as a Business Systems Analyst Manager. I’m really excited about joining the group and very much looking forward to learning more about what OHDSI offers. I’m particularly interested in how data can be presented via tools like Tableau, to help relate insight and results to an audience.

I can’t wait to learn more! Thanks!

Hi
I am Hulin Wu, Professor and Chair, Department of Biostatistics & Data Science, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. I am Biostatistician and Computational Modeler and I am interested in health care Big Data analysis and modeling. I hope that I could contribute to Big Data analytical method development.

Hello OHDSI!
My name is Chris Manrodt. I am a therapy designer, data scientist and researcher at Medtronic. My day job is to dig clinical insights out of OPD, and then ultimately build RWE capability and integrate it into our evidence gen teams. I am currently on some working groups of MDIC and MDEpiNet.

I am preparing my attempt to load Athena on a SQL server. I have self-taught DBA skills, but I am starting to tire of coding manual cross-walks for each area of interest we are digging into. A recent talk by Jimmy Tscheng from Duke inspired me to try this path.

The impacts of untreated disease and the opportunities to cut out waste drive me back into the data just about every day.

@ChrisManrodt:

Welcome to the family. Let us know if you need help.

t