Please join us Tuesday, June 6 (11 am ET) for our next OHDSI Community Call, which will be a “Welcome To OHDSI” call specifically geared towards the newer members of our community. There will be an overview of our community, its mission and values, and how we collaborate to generate real-world evidence. We will take you through our website and Teams environment, discuss the upcoming Collaborator Showcase and answer any questions you might have.
Everybody is invited. Calendar invites for our 2022 community calls go out each Friday. If you did not receive one, please use this link to join the meeting. All recordings from these weekly meetings will be posted on both our main OHDSI Teams tenant and on our OHDSI.org Community Calls page.
Common Data Model WG: Tuesday, June 7 at 10am ET (Meeting Link )
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month at 10am and 1pm ET, respectively. THIS MEETING IS CANCELLED
FHIR and OMOP WG- Digital Quality Measurements Subgroup: Wed, June 8 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Wednesday at 10am ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates Zoom Details: Meeting ID: 836 4585 6405 Passcode: 552204
Natural Language Processing WG: Wednesday, June 8 at 2pm ET ( Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month at 2pm ET.
OMOP CDM Oncology- Vocabulary /Development Subgroup: Thursday, June 9 at 1pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month at 1pm ET
FHIR and OMOP WG-Oncology Subgroup: Thursday, June 9 at 12pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every Thursday at 12pm ET
FHIR and OMOP WG-Terminologies Subgroup: Thursday, June 9 at 6pm ET (Pacific & Western Time zone): (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Thursday at 6pm ET. NOTE: This meeting takes place on Zoom but please check the Teams Work Group for information and updates (Meeting ID: 970 7397 4923 Passcode:600294) NOTE THAT THIS IS A NEW LINK WITH A NEW MTG ID AND PASSCODE
GIS-Geographic Information System WG DEVELOPMENT Meeting: Friday, June 10 at 9am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 9am ET.
Phenotype Development and Evaluation WG: Friday, June 10 at 10am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the second and fourth Fridays of each month at 10am ET.
Clinical Trials WG: Friday, June 10 at 10:30am ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for every other Friday at 10:30am ET.
China Chapter WG: Friday, June 10 at 10pm ET (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally scheduled for the second Friday of each month at 10pm ET. Note: this meeting does not take place in MS Teams.
Early-Stage Researchers WG: ( Europe /East Coast /West Coast hemisphere): Monday, June 13 at 1pm UK time (8am ET) (Meeting Link)
Meetings are traditionally due to be held on the second Monday of each month at 1pm UK time.
Eyecare & Vision Research WG : Monday, June 13 at 4pm (Meeting Link)
A meeting schedule will be confirmed shortly.
Congratulations to the team of Azza Shoaibi, Gowtham Rao, Erica Voss, Anna Ostropolets, Miguel Angel Mayer, Juan Manuel Ramírez-Anguita, Filip Maljković, Biljana Carević, Scott Horban, Daniel R. Morales, Talita Duarte-Salles, Clement Fraboulet, Tanguy Le Carrour, Spiros Denaxas, Vaclav Papez, Luis H. John, Peter R. Rijneek, Evan Minty, Thamir M. Alshammari, Rupa Makadia, Clair Blacketer, Frank DeFalco, Anthony Sena, Marc Suchard, Daniel Prieto-Alhambra and Patrick Ryan on the publication of Phenotype Algorithms for the Identification and Characterization of Vaccine-Induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia in Real World Data: A Multinational Network Cohort Study in Drug Safety.
The June edition of the OHDSI newsletter is now available. This edition includes the DARWIN EU presentation and corresponding slides, a collaborator spotlight on Asieh Golozar, the latest on open studies in the global community, the monthly update podcast and other community updates, all publications and presentation from May, and plenty more. If you aren’t already a subscriber, you can do so here.
• The CBER Best Seminar Series is being rescheduled moving forward. Please be on the lookout for more information on when it will resume and who will be added to the schedule.
• We are less three weeks away from the submission deadline for the 2022 OHDSI Global Symposium. All submissions for poster presentations, software demos and/or lightning talks are due no later than 8pm (EST) on Friday, June 24. For more information, please visit our Collaborator Showcase homepage.
• Professor Dani Prieto-Alhambra announced an opening for a Postdoctoral Data Scientist to work with his team at the University of Oxford. This position will develop analysis plans, protocols, ethical (and similar panel) submissions, governance and regulatory submissions as required for ongoing and future studies. It will generate and analyze OMOP-mapped real world health data assets, adapt existing and develop new research methodologies and materials. It will carry out collaborative research projects with colleagues in partner institutions and report research findings in the form of conference abstracts at national and international conferences.
2022 OHDSI Symposium
• Registration has opened for the 2022 OHDSI Symposium, which will be held Oct. 14-16 at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. The main conference will be held Friday, Oct. 14, while a full-day tutorial (An Introductory Journey from Data to Evidence) will be held Saturday, Oct. 15. There will be several workgroup activities between Oct. 15-16 as well. Here are several important links for #OHDSI2022.
2022 OHDSI European Symposium
• The 2022 OHDSI European Symposium, which will be held at the Steam Ship Rotterdam in The Netherlands, will be held June 24-26. The main symposium will be June 24, and tutorials will be held June 25-26. For more information and the registration link, please visit the symposium homepage.
Accessing MSTeams: To join OHDSI Teams, please fill out this form: Join OHDSI Teams
If you are already in the OHDSI Teams environment and you would like to join work groups in teams, please fill out this form: Join Workgroups, Chapters, and Studies
Teams Best Practices and Guidance: For guidance on MS Teams, please check out this link
Duplicate email removal from OHDSI Teams: As you should always be using one email in OHDSI Teams when joining all workgroups, you may remove duplicate emails by filling out this form
Please continue to collaborate in our MS Teams environment, check out the OHDSI website and forums , and follow us on all platforms, including Twitter and LinkedIn to get continued updates and information on everything happening in our community