OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

WebAPI installation issue

While trying to build the WebAPI .war file using Maven i get the following errors:

[INFO]
[INFO] — maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ WebAPI —
[INFO]
[INFO] — git-commit-id-plugin:4.0.0:revision (default) @ WebAPI —
[INFO]
[INFO] — gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (add-git-branch-info) @ WebAPI —
[WARNING] The artifact xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:2.0.2 has been relocated to xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.0.b2
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 22.103 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2022-09-22T09:03:03+02:00
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (add-git-branch-info) on project WebAPI: Execution add-git-branch-info of goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] realm = plugin>org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5
[ERROR] strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy
[ERROR] urls[0] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/gmaven-plugin/1.5/gmaven-plugin-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[1] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/runtime/gmaven-runtime-api/1.5/gmaven-runtime-api-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[2] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/feature/gmaven-feature-api/1.5/gmaven-feature-api-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[3] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/runtime/gmaven-runtime-loader/1.5/gmaven-runtime-loader-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[4] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/feature/gmaven-feature-support/1.5/gmaven-feature-support-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[5] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/gmaven/runtime/gmaven-runtime-support/1.5/gmaven-runtime-support-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[6] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/gshell/gshell-io/2.4/gshell-io-2.4.jar
[ERROR] urls[7] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/3.0/plexus-utils-3.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[8] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/com/thoughtworks/qdox/qdox/1.12/qdox-1.12.jar
[ERROR] urls[9] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/file-management/1.2.1/file-management-1.2.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[10] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/shared/maven-shared-io/1.1/maven-shared-io-1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[11] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/xbean/xbean-reflect/3.4/xbean-reflect-3.4.jar
[ERROR] urls[12] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.12/log4j-1.2.12.jar
[ERROR] urls[13] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging-api/1.1/commons-logging-api-1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[14] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/com/google/collections/google-collections/1.0/google-collections-1.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[15] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/reporting/maven-reporting-impl/2.0.4.1/maven-reporting-impl-2.0.4.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[16] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-interpolation/1.1/plexus-interpolation-1.1.jar
[ERROR] urls[17] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.2.0/commons-validator-1.2.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[18] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.7.0/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
[ERROR] urls[19] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-digester/commons-digester/1.6/commons-digester-1.6.jar
[ERROR] urls[20] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
[ERROR] urls[21] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/oro/oro/2.0.8/oro-2.0.8.jar
[ERROR] urls[22] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/xml-apis/xml-apis/1.0.b2/xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
[ERROR] urls[23] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-core/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-core-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[24] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-sink-api/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-sink-api-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[25] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/reporting/maven-reporting-api/2.0.4/maven-reporting-api-2.0.4.jar
[ERROR] urls[26] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-site-renderer/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-site-renderer-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[27] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-i18n/1.0-beta-7/plexus-i18n-1.0-beta-7.jar
[ERROR] urls[28] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-velocity/1.1.7/plexus-velocity-1.1.7.jar
[ERROR] urls[29] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/velocity/velocity/1.5/velocity-1.5.jar
[ERROR] urls[30] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-decoration-model/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-decoration-model-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[31] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2/commons-collections-3.2.jar
[ERROR] urls[32] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-apt/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-module-apt-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[33] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-fml/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-module-fml-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[34] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-xdoc/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-module-xdoc-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[35] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-module-xhtml/1.0-alpha-10/doxia-module-xhtml-1.0-alpha-10.jar
[ERROR] urls[36] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6/commons-lang-2.6.jar
[ERROR] urls[37] = file:/C:/Users/vanis/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/gossip/gossip/1.2/gossip-1.2.jar
[ERROR] Number of foreign imports: 1
[ERROR] import: Entry[import from realm ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------

I have cexecuted the command according to OHDSI WebAPI setup guidelines.

mvn clean package -DskipUnitTests -DskipITtests -s WebAPIConfig/settings.xml -P webapi-postgresql

Help is very much appreciated!!

Hello Vani, I’m on same boat. Did you get a solution for the above error.
Thanks
Jo

From the same command line that you are building from, what version of java is it using? I would first suspect that it’s a java versioning issue. I believe WebAPI can only be built with Java 8.

That is correct. I ran into the same issue because I was using a more recent version of Java.

@mlperkin Yes you are right. All good with this now but i’m stuck with the below step. Im given “Can’t reach this page error”
http://localhost:8080/WebAPI/ddl/results?dialect=sql server&schema=results&vocabSchema=omop&tempSchema=temp&initConceptHierarchy=true

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Jo M

I tried the URL on my installation and the URL is correct. I’ve attached the results to this message
results.txt (118.8 KB)

What your tomcat logs say? The link you provided to get the sql cmds only run if webapi is successfully running within Tomcat. I had to use the latest Tomcat 8 and avoid the 9+

Is WebAPI actually running? I would first visit some other URLs like http://localhost:8080/WebAPI/ and verify they are loading. This particular URL just returns what looks like a JSON object, but it’s enough to verify that the WebAPI is actually running. Alternatively, you can just visit the tomcat app manager page to see if it’s running. Either way.

Next, check for errors in catalina.out which should be in your logs folder in your tomcat installation directory, but this should show more about what’s happening. Try to load the page again, and then go check the log so it’s the most recent error. Could be a permissions thing depending on your environment.

Its working well. Thank you

Hello @Vani , I have faced the same issue . Have you reached a solution?

Appreciate the help.

Thank
Ahmed Elraffa

t