OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

WebAPI does not seem to launch on a Mac

Hello!
I am trying to spin up WebAPI 2.8.0 on a Mac BigSur.
I was able to build the .war with maven and deploy it in Tomcat.
Tomcat says its running but I get a 404 when I go to WebAPI url. And no log file is ever generated for webapi. Also cant find any meaninfgul logs on the catalina outputs.
Could you please provide any guidance on this?
Kind regards,
Tiago

The WebAPI URL you’re going to has a suffix of “/info”, right?

Hi Ajit,

Thank you for your reply.

I am following this guide github.com/OHDSI/WebAPI/wiki/WebAPI-Installation-Guide and I installed the github tag WebAPI v2.8.1

I follow the guid exactly until this point github.com/OHDSI/WebAPI/wiki/WebAPI-Installation-Guide#verify-webapi-deployment

However the WebAPI has not created the db tables mentioned nor is it available on the specified URL. Tomcat does show it as started, exactly as in the screenshot on the documentation.

Also when I do a psof command on port 8080 I can see that no file was opened by tomcat or any child processes to write the logs for webapi. It does write logs to catalina and the other standard destinations, which I have inspected but do not mention nothing usefuil in regards to this issue.

I am following the guide exactly as described. Any ideas of common problems that result in this behaviour. If the log was being generated I could debug it from there. This feels like some very basic application-level config error or something of the sort, but I am not experienced in Java environment so I am quite clueless no what to do without a log trace.

Kind regards,
Tiago

Which version of Tomcat?

Ok, other people have reported strange behavior on Tomcat 10 where it looks like the WAR is deployed but doesn’t seem to start up. I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue myself, but is it possible that you install Tomcat 8.0 and try it?

t