OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Very slow while Reconstitute CPT-4

I have experienced that it is very slow on updating CPT-4 via script (java -Dumls-apikey=xxx -jar cpt4.jar 5) for past a couple of times, it used to take about a couple of hrs but in last couple of times, it took me over 14 hours to complete all CPT-4 codes reconstructing process. Wondering how to speed up CPT-4 codes reconstructing process?

Hi @pratapm - we recently ran into issues with the UMLS API calls and had to throttle down the speed of the tool. We agree that it is now very slow, albeit we normally rather see durations around 5 hours (if the computer does not go to sleep). We are currently looking into ways how we could optimize that and speed it up again.

Regarding on UMLS API calls, I have been trying to update for while, tried three different time, Script is ran for over 48 hrs for a couple of times, still not completed, later failed, then I had to reinitiate same process. would you ple me help on this, how i could speed up this process.

Hey @pratapm - I just ran it yesterday, and it took 4.5 hours. Is it still taking far past that for you?

Thank you Ajit,

t