April 14 meeting summary
Adam presented use cases/user stories that we would like an improved vaccine hierarchy to support including
- Ability to build vaccine concept sets using descendent relationships in ATC, CVX, and RxNorm
- Ability to target strains, brands, and vaccine type using the hierarchy
Adam introduced a rough draft of a complete integration between CVX and ATC vaccine concepts which is available in the vaccine vocabulary OHDSI Teams environment.
The presentation was followed by a discussion about how to build the hierarchy. Christian suggested decomposing vaccine concepts into component parts or attributes.
Attributes included ingredient/ingredient class, dose, form, brand, application (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc), NDC codes, live-attenuate/inactive, recombinant, child/adult.
Adam and Denys will perform the decomposition for some pneumococcal and HPV vaccines and present the results at the next meeting on April 21.
Note that there will be a new meeting link for next week and document sharing will occur in the Vaccine Vocabulary Workgroup OHDSI Team. All future meetings will be recorded and made available in the OHDSI Teams environment. Joining the Teams environment is not required to attend meetings but is required to share documents. To join follow the links under “Collaborate in MSTeams” on https://www.ohdsi.org/
April 21 meeting agenda
- Open feedback on vaccine hierarchy use cases/user stories
- Adam and Denys will present example vaccine decomposition
- Discussion about challenges and next steps
Thanks for sharing the branded product decomposition @Alexdavv! Thanks to everyone for your participation!