OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Unable to install Data Quality Dashboard (DQD)

Is it possible to install DQD without going directly to api.github.com?

Our organization uses a highly secured firewalled analytic environment which cannot directly connect to the internet, so our IT department downloaded and saved a git clone of github.com/OHDSI/DataQualityDashboard/ to our analytic environment. When they try to install it with several different commands that should normally work when package is locally downloaded, it continually fails (see screen shots below).

Any advice?

Thanks,
Alison

Hi Allison, can you try setting dependencies = FALSE and upgrade_dependencies = FALSE when you call install_local? DQD has one dev dependency which is located only on GitHub. I’m guessing that install_local is trying to look up this dependency.

This dependency is not required for regular use of DQD so it won’t be an issue to skip installing it. Note that if dependencies aren’t automatically upgraded/installed along with DQD your IT department should check its DESCRIPTION file to ensure all needed dependencies are also installed in your environment.

Thank you for your advice! I’m just waiting to hear from my IT dept to see if that worked. I’ll post an update when I find out.

t