OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

THEMIS - Next Face-to-Face

The next face-to-face meeting for the THEMIS group meeting has been decided and set up.

Date: March 8 & 9, 2018
Hosted by: Amgen at Thousand Oaks, CA

High level agenda:

• Day 1: Focus group collaboration - allowing each focus group to finish issue discussions and prep for Day 2 discussions.
  • Day 2: Each focus group to review issues and decisions made

THEMIS wiki page - list of focus groups, issues and resolutions
http://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:workgroups:themis

If you wish to join us for the face-to-face and did not get an invitation, either post here or contact us directly @mvanzandt, @Christian_Reich, @gregk, @Asha_Mahesh

Don Torok and Mark Khayter would like to attend. I have missed the meeting because I had the wrong time on my calendar, but have been keeping up with meeting minutes. Also is there a hotel nearby Amgen that people are staying at?

Thanks

To Maura, suggest adding face to face information to OHDSI coming events section.

1 Like

There is a pretty new Hampton Inn less than a mile from Amgen (on Ventu Park). There is also a Courtyard and a TownePlace by Marriott about 1.5 miles away. Those will be your best bets for proximity to Amgen.

In Westlake Village (about 6 miles away, toward LA), there is a Hyatt, Four Seasons, Westlake Village Inn (not a chain), a Residence Inn, and another Hampton Inn. All of those are pretty good.

The Hyatt and Westlake Village Inn have the benefit of being near some good restaurants. The food is generally a bit better on the Westlake Village side of things.

Happy to answer any questions about the local area, as are, I am sure, the Amgen folks.

(Full disclosure: our office is across from the Hyatt and I live in Westlake Village, so I might be a little biased.)

1 Like
t