OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Target, comparator 군 간 followup 기간의 차이

안녕하세요,
ATLAS로 수행한 분석 관련해서 궁금한 점이 있어 올립니다.
ATLAS로 2019년 12월 31일 이후 코로나 진단 받은 자를 target cohort으로,
2019년 12월31일 이전 독감 진단 받은 자를 comparator cohort으로 지정했습니다. (target 코호트의 경우 after 2019.12.31 만 criteria로 두었고 end date을 명시하지 않고 open으로 두었고, comparator 코호트에서 before 2019.12.31만 criteria로 두고 start date를 명시하지 않았습니다).
두 군에 대한 cohort exit 은 fixed duration relative to initial event로 지정하였으며 start date에서 365일으로 하였습니다.
이후 특정 outcome 코호트들을 지정하여 estimation 분석을 수행하는 R 패키지를 생성하였고,
외부로 보내 DB에 적용하여 결과값만 반출 받았습니다.

그런데 결과를 보니 target, comparator cohort에 속해 있는 환자N수는 동일한데 , target 와 comparator f/u 기간이 다릅니다. target의 경우 50일 정도밖에 안되며, comparator 군은 365일입니다. R패키지를 적용한 외부 DB는 2018년 1월부터 2022년 4월까지 청구데이터를 포함한 DB로 알고 있습니다.
결과적으로 RR값이 모든 outcome에 대해 target이 comparator에 비해 너무 uniform하게 작게 나왔고, 그 원인을 아마 f/u 기간의 차이로 인한 것으로 보고 있습니다.
궁금한점은 Target 과 comparator 군을 atlas에서 위와 같이 거의 동일하게 디자인을 했을 때 f/u 기간이 다르게 나오는 이유가 무엇이며, 향후 비슷한 문제를 방지하기 위해서 어떻게 코호트 디자인을 해야 하는지 궁금합니다. 기간을 동일하게 해서 반드시 start, end date 둘다 지정을 해주어야 하는 것인지요? 특정 코호트의 f/u 기간을 결정하는데 있어 ATLAS에서 어떤 parameter이 중요하게 작용하는지 궁금합니다.
감사합니다.

주된 이유는 [.target.]이 2019년 12월 이후의 이벤트를 찾고 있고 [.comparator.]가 2019년 12월 이전의 이벤트를 찾고 있기 때문이라고 생각합니다. 2019년 12월 이후에 발견된 것들은 [.OBSERVATION_PERIOD.]에 의해 결정되는 후속 조치가 적을 수 있습니다.

독감 진단을 받은 모든 사람도 COVID-19에 걸렸다는 사실에 놀랐지만 귀하의 데이터에서 그것이 예상되는지 확실하지 않습니다. 그러나 이것은 [.ATLAS.]가 제어하는 ​​것이 아니라 데이터에서 더 일찍 식별된 사람들이 더 많은 후속 조치 시간을 가질 가능성이 더 높다는 논리적 결론일 뿐입니다.

잘 번역되지 않은 것이 있다면 사과드립니다. Google에서 적절한 번역을 수행했으면 합니다.

-Chris

Thank you for your reply!
If I understand your explanation correctly, the reason behind different follow-up times between the target and comparator cohorts is due to the time restriction placed on the cohort entry event. Since the target cohort was defined by a COVID diagnosis after 2019.12.31 and the comparator cohort defined by an influenza diagnosis before 2019.12.31, and the database contains data only between Jan 2018 and April 2022, the observation period of the target cohort is somehow more limited than that of the comparator cohort, making it less likely for the desired outcomes to occur for the target cohort relative to the comparator cohort.

My estimation study was designed on ATLAS such that if subjects were included in both the target and comparator cohorts, only the first was kept, making it unlikely that those in the influenza cohort were also counted in the COVID cohort.

I guess my question was how to set the parameters on ATLAS (either in estimation or in the cohort definitions) so that the follow up times of the target and comparator cohorts will end up being roughly equal even if the dates of the index diagnoses do not overlap and are rather defined as being prior to and after a certain date. For the current analysis, the number of days of follow-up came out to be 365days for the comparator cohort, but only about 50 days for the target cohort, although the settings were exactly the same for the two cohorts, except for the time period of the entry event.

I truly appreciate your help and dedication to this forum!

Let’s assume everyone in the database has an observation period that spans from Jan 2018 to April 2022. It’s not that the observation period of the target is ‘more limited’ than the comparator, it’s that you’re only allowing entry events from the second half of the observation period for targets and you’re forcing entry events of your comparator to occur in the first half of observation. So, assuming everyone’s observation period will end April 2022. 100% of your comparator will have 365d of follow up (because any time before Dec 2019 will have a year of follow up before April 2022. However, if you’re looking post Dec 2019, some people may have 365d of follow up, but anyone identified after April 2021 will have less than 365d follow up.

Well for one thing, if you want to have your comparator stop contributing time after December 2019, you could specify a cohort end date in your comparator of December 2019, such that anyone who enters the cohort prior will exit on December 2019. This way, not everyone will have a 365d follow up if they entered after December 2018.

But I don’t think there’s any parameter that will control the follow up time the way you describe. You can’t define one cohort relative to another cohort in cohort definitions, and I don’t believe there’s anything that can work like that in the Estimation settings.

먼저, cohort design와 관련된 질문은 다음과 같은 오픈 ATLAS를 활용하여 질문을 주시면 더 좋은 논의를 할 수 있을 것 같습니다(설정 오류 등을 파악할 수 있습니다): https://atlas-demo.ohdsi.org/

질문하신 내용은 현재 건강보험심사평가원에서 개방한 코로나DB를 활용한 연구로 생각이 됩니다.

전반적인 디자인은 코로나19 환자와 기존 독감 환자군 간의 차이점을 비교하려는 것이 의도로 생각되고, 관찰 기간을 index date + 365일로 설정하신 것으로 보이고, 잘 만드신 것 같습니다.

생성된 코호트에 포함된 환자의 수가 같음을 이야기 하시는 것일까요?

여기서 말씀하시는 50일/365일은 평균 값을 말씀하시는 것일까요? 다음과 같은 이미지를 참고하신다면, 평균 관찰일이 50일인 것은 이상하지 않아 보입니다:

Thank you so much for your reply. This will definitely help me design studies better with ATLAS in the future.

답변 주셔서 감사합니다. 포럼에 게시된 답변을 읽고 나니 무엇이 문제였는지 좀 더 잘 이해할 수 있었습니다. 최종 incidence rate ratio나 RR을 해석할 때 f/u 기간이 타겟군과 코호트 군 간 너무 차이가 나면 문제가 생길 수도 있다는 피드백을 받아, 아틀라스에서 스터디를 다시 디자인한다면 비슷한 실수를 저지르지 않도록 어떻게 해야할지 여쭤보고 싶었습니다. 다시 한번 감사드립니다.

t