OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Survey on how you use or make concept sets

Dear OHDSI researchers,

As a PhD student at the University of Maryland, I’m conducting a qualitative study on “Clinical Concept Value Sets in Current Practice.” If you’ve been involved in the selection or creation of concept sets for OHDSI or non-OHDSI studies, your experience is of great interest for this research. Would you take a little time to complete this survey, https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_6GwJ4rArBbQ6zk1?

Many thanks,
Sigfried Gold
sigfried at umd.edu

@Sigfried_Gold, I am glad to see your research moving forward. I’ve completed your survey, it took me less than 15 minutes, so I encourage others to help by participating as well. I quite eager to have you present the results back to our community when you are complete, as I think this work could be informative to decide on future directions for methods research and open source development.

Answered as well. Judging by the questions, this will be a really good study. And since you asked about the tools that can provide concepts visualization, I’m assuming that you are planning to build one. Looking forward to see it!

Thanks so much, @Patrick_Ryan and @aostropolets for completing the survey and for the encouragement!

At this point I’m getting new, valuable information from every person who fills out the survey and am super grateful for participation from people in the OHDSI community, which will figure somewhat prominently in the results.

But can anyone help me reach possible participants who are not in our community and/or not informaticists? I’d love to reach people doing clinical research or other sorts of analysis (quality of care, public health surveillance, cost effectiveness, etc.) based on patient data – with OHDSI and without.

And Anna: yes, I’m planning to build visualization prototypes based on the study results, but the study should provide recommendations that would be useful to others working on terminology interfaces as well. If all goes according to plan, I will finish the study this fall and get (back) to work on prototypes by winter.

Thank you!

Hello @Sigfried_Gold! I came to the forums to ask a question related to concept set creation and came across this thread. Do you have any results from the survey yet? If it’s still ongoing, I’d also be happy to fill it out.

The question I came to ask was how folks are carrying out “code review” for their concept sets. On my team this is a collaborative process with a few rounds of back-and-forth between analysts and physicians. I’m very interested in making this process more efficient while maintaining version histories / context on changes, and have begun pondering potential ways our team could contribute to OHDSI open source tools that’d support this goal. Is this something you’re exploring in your research?

t