OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Standardized Vocabularies for OHDSI China

For OHDSI in China, do you adopt the Standardized Vocabularies such as SNOMED and RxNORM? If yes, in English or Chinese?

Thanks,
Larry

Yes, Chinese vocabularies have been mapped to OMOP Standard vocabularies, and available in Athena

• ICD 10CN → SNOMED, such as Athena

• ICD 9 Procedure CN → SNOMED/CPT4/HCPCS/ICD Proc , such as Athena

• Lab tests (free text) → LOINC

• Drug NCCD → RxNorm

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply and it’s great to know these efforts are already in place. A couple of more follow-up questions.

• Is this work published somewhere?
  • Are the source data (in Chinese, I assume) available in a platform like Athena?

Kind regards,
Larry

:

I was able to find a couple of key publications related to NCCDs. Congratulations on such a great accomplishment.

I am interested in getting the source data in addition to the NCCD. However, there was no response after multiple requests submitted,

The OHDSI-China link does not work either.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Larry

Wang L, Zhang Y, Jiang M, et al. Toward a normalized clinical drug knowledge base in China—applying the RxNorm model to Chinese clinical drugs. J Am Med Informatics Assoc. 2018;25(7):809-818. doi:10.1093/jamia/ocy020
Zhang Y, Li J, Zandt M Van. NCCD-RxNorm: Linking Chinese Clinical Drugs to International Drug Vocabulary. In: 2020 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM). IEEE; 2020:1752-1756. doi:10.1109/BIBM49941.2020.9313599

Maybe this link is helpful?

But what exactly do you mean when you say source data?

Maybe let’s involve @mvanzandt as she is my authority for all things around China…

regards - mik

Thanks Michael!

Here is what I am looking for (see screens shot from the 2018 JAMIA publication supplemental tables). Are these source data available, such as CFDA drug data, along with their mapping to NCCD, which is already available in Athena?

t