OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Sinónimos de Snomed en castellano

¿Hay planes de introducir los sinónimos de la edición de snomed en castellano en el vocabulario OMOP?

Hice una pregunta sobre la carga de los sinónimos de snomed en castellano para Usagi y finalmente hice un poco de trabajo con la edición española para incluirlos en la herramienta. Parece que funciona bastante bien.
Creo que los sinónimos en castellano es algo que debería estar de base (como si estará en breve la extensión francesa)

Muchas gracias @Diego_Bosca_Tomas. Voy a traducir y mencionar aqui una de las personas que se encarga del vocabulario para que te puedas contactar con ella.

hi @zhuk, @Dymshyts,

Here there is a question regarding the inclusion of Spanish synonyms for SNOMED in our vocabularies. Is that something that we could do?

Thanks,

Jose

@Eduard_Korchmar shouldn’t be that hard, we can just take what UMLS distribution package gives us.
What do you think?

1 Like

We should have no problem including them next release. We don’t have it scheduled it yet, but it should be expected to land this autumn.

In the meantime,official SNOMED browser can be used to find concepts in Spanish. Most codes should be shared with recent International version.

Este es el enlace al discouse de EHDEN donde preguntaba como tratar los sinónimos en castellano con Usagi

This is the EHDEN discouse thread where I asked about using Spanish translations with Usagi

They want to map the concepts using Usagi.
So the SNOMED browser doesn’t help them.
Thus, for now, they need to modify the concept_synonym table using the External file.
@Eduard_Korchmar can you provide the link to the SNOMED refset file with Spanish names?

@Diego_Bosca_Tomas
The link to the EHDEN forum you posted redirects to the main EHDEN forum page, not to the exact topic.

Refsets are not enough, since international SNOMED on its own only contains english descriptions.

@Diego_Bosca_Tomas, please download April 2021 SNOMED CT Spanish Edition from this site. You could populate concept_synoym from description table, joining CONCEPT on CONCEPT_CODE and VOCABULARY_ID fields.

RF2 file format is (EDIT: I meant to say isn’t) easy to read, so here’s additional info. Columns you need are id, conceptid, term, languagecode, active and effectivetime. SQL query would look very similar to this (taken from github). Please be wary that id refers to particular terms, while conceptid points at actual CONCEPT_CODE.

2 Likes

hi @Eduard_Korchmar,

Thank you for including this in the next release. Could you point me to a place where I will know whether this scheduled (e.g. github)?

Thanks a lot for all the great work you do guys

Jose

1 Like

Yes, did that (had that RF2 in a SQL db already), it works well in Usagi

You could submit an issue on Vocabulary github to track it there .

hi @Diego_Bosca_Tomas,

Could you please submit the issue to the github Eduard pointed us?

Thanks

Jose

done

3 Likes

I was thinking on modifying a vocabulary download to replace concept names with their Spanish synonyms. Would that allow Atlas users to search for concepts in Spanish? Do you think that it would break anything else? I know that vocabulary is “wrong” per definition, but I’m thinking in ways of easing Atlas use to Spanish speaking-only researchers

t