I think there could be great value in creating a collection of short video tutorials for the many OHDSI tools and tasks. There are some very long OHDSI tutorial videos out there somewhere (can’t find them on our site), but it would help to have bite-size tutorials (approx. 5 minutes per video), so people can learn about specific topics at a time.
As an example, I’ve created this tutorial on how to install the software needed to run the OHDSI R packages on Windows. I also have plans to create videos for (a) installing OHDSI R packages and (b) creating a database connection in R.
My questions to the community:
- Do people agree that this is worth the effort?
- Any comments, suggestions on the example video? What would make it better?
- For which other topics should we create such videos?
- Are there any volunteers in the community that want to help create these videos?
- Where should we collect these videos? On our Wiki (with links to YouTube)?