OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Security on OHDSI.org Atlas

@Architecture team, I’m psyched to see security implemented on Atlas. Would you mind turning it off on OHDSI.org demonstration Atlas or having it autofill with username/password.

Thanks!

Jon

hey Jon! Quick background on where it is coming from - there was a request from SNOMED folks to enable security on OHDSI ATLAS due to the SNOMED license restrictions. We are actively discussing different options at this moment on how to make it less intrusive and user friendly. Unfortunately, I do not think any of the are particularly simple to implement (if done properly) or user friendly (if it is a quick fix).

@lee_evans have put such a quick fix in place for the time being. But I would propose we either disable it - until we figure out a more user friendly option - or maybe post the information somewhere on what the user name / password is?

Can you elaborate on these license restrictions?

Friends:

Too early for broad discussion here. But briefly: SNOMED is not Public Domain. Many countries pay the license for their entire population, while in others folks need to get a specific license. In either case this needs to be handled properly. And right now the OHDSI Atlas gives access to SNOMED concepts without any mechanism for license compliance. We are in active conversation with SNOMED about the options. Will keep you posted.

4 Likes

It will be very important to our organization to have (ideally) a user-level login mechanism for Atlas. Is this being actively developed?

3 Likes

Can someone tell me where or who we get access to Atlas through? My mapping team access it several times a week and are locked out right now.
Thanks

@Wilson_Pace I’ve sent you a direct message.

Hi there. My name is @Suranga and i’m part of the Regenstrief team working on an FDA project with Jon Duke et. al. It seems that i’m not able to login to Atlas either. Could you please advise on how we can start accessing this tool again?

1 Like

@Suranga I’ve sent you a direct message

Hello,
May I have a sign in for the public instance of Atlas? I have a UMLS license.
Thank you
Rick

I preferred the open world.
But in considering solutions - NLM has a mechanism for authenticating people with UMLS license. It is externally used by VSAC and CDE repository. Perhaps a same technical solution can be made with public Atlas instance.

(if wide open Atlas was already ruled out :sob: )

Hello - How do I register for access to Atlas? Thanks!

How expensive are these licenses? Is there a way a philanthropic entity could help cover the cost of a license for X number of OHDSI community heads for non-commercial use/academic advancement?

Seems like this is an exercise in bean counting. I would happily figure out a way to crowdfund to get this tool back to being widely accessible. The ATLAS demo is a great conduit for building excitement in the community and drawing collaboration. I know plenty of people who use the public demo while they are learning how to stand-up their own version of ATLAS.

It’s calculated per capita x GDP (roughly)…it would be usd60,000 annuallyfor a country like the Philippines…

Friends:

We are talking to SNOMED. Will roll out the solution shortly. Keep tuned in.

3 Likes

Hi. I’m Yeesuk Kim in Hanyang University and UCLA. By the way, I have often accessed to ATLAS for cohort definition and all the stuffs are in ATALS. However, now I cannot access. Could you help me?

@admin
hi Lee, will you send me a direct message too for username/password. thanks, Lisa

Hi Lee,

Would you also send me a direct message too for username/password? I also want to access ATLAS to create some cohorts for my analysis. Thank you!

Joanna

Hello! I am having the same problem as Yeesuk. Is there any way I can get the Username/Password login info for the demo?

@schillil @JHuang @AlexP - I’ve sent you direct messages

t