OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

questions of download vocabulary

Dear OHDSI Community,
I am a student majoring in computer science. I am currently conducting some medical research, so I would like to obtain a very comprehensive vocabulary of medical terminology coding. I found SNOMED, but I only need the corresponding relationship between the terms and codes, such as’ Malignant tumor of lung-363358000 ’
I found the download method on Athena, but I need to input ‘name bundle’. Can I download the corresponding relationship table I mentioned from Athena? How should I operate if possible? What should I input in the ‘name bundle’ column?

Thanks,
Zhaoning

The only purpose of “Name bundle” field is to create an alias for collection of selected vocabulary; it is associated with your account and can be re-used later to download a newer version of the same vocabularies.

Please note that although Athena vocabularies contain the required association between concept_code and concept_name, there are caveats:

1. SNOMED in OMOP is a mixture of US and UK national editions, containing codes specific to these editions; you might need to filter the content by “Has Module” entry in CONCEPT_RELATIONSHIP table.
  2. SNOMED International is currently updated monthly; Athena contents of SNOMED are outdated, with concept codes being possibly invalidated, and newer ones missing; this may be or not be okay depending on how your data is dated.
t