I was trying to map Myocardial Perfusion Scan (78452) code. what’s the correct way to map, as it can either be Procedure or measurement.
Are we mapping radiology in procedure or measurement?
- This a Procedure as it stated in the OHDSI Vocabulary.
The result of this Procedure is a text report usually. And it goes into NOTE table.
- In procedure if it’s the case above. If you get exact numerical or categorical value as a result, you put them into Measurement. If you have the example from your data for the second case, please provide, so we can undersand the case better.
The way I approach these is first identify the Concept you want to map the data to, then look at the concept.domain_id - it will suggest whether its a procedure, observation, or measurement.
If I have ultrasound Carotid text as radiology, what would be the code, and table for the same?
For the ultrasound data I’ve been importing I generally insert:
- Ultrasound procedure in the procedure table
- Ultrasound device exposure in the device_exposure table
- From the HL7/DICOM transaction or custom form where measurements can be parsed goes into the measurement table (ex LOINC.46234859 “Left ventricular End-diastolic volume by US.2D+Calculated by Teichholz method”)
- Other finding text that is not a ultrasound measurement goes into the note table - radiologist reading and findings in a narrative form.
I have not done so yet, but also use fact_relationship to link all these pieces together as coming from one procedure. Right now all the above use the source_value field to store say the ultrasound transaction GUID used to tie all these data elements to a single procedure or transaction source.
Thanks - the approach was on advice from Robert Miller one of our many resident OMOP experts.