OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Preparing for COVID vaccine codes in the vocabulary and modeling in the OMOP CDM

Karthik, can you elaborate on the CPT codes you mention. This page (Find your COVID-19 Vaccine CPT® Codes | American Medical Association) shows codes 0001A and 0011A. But are those modifiers (those only have two characters) in addition to CPT codes 91300 to 91303.

are already in OMOP vocabulary

Oh, great to hear! The last version I downloaded didn’t have it or had missing relationships. Now the only piece is the CVX to RxNorm mappings, so we can use one vocabulary for drug analyses.

@Alexdavv or @Dymshyts

I found another custom source value which lacks a code, "JOHNSON & JOHNSON, SARS-COV2 (COVID-19) VACCINE ". What’s the appropriate concept_id for it?

Here you are:
https://athena.ohdsi.org/search-terms/terms/739906

1 Like

Thanks, @Alexdavv!

I am ETLing COVID-19 vaccinations collected using a section of the 5July2021 WHO COVID-19 Core CRF into the OMOP CDM. How do you suggest I proceed?

Keep in mind that in future versions of the CRF we expect that the lists of vaccines administered will grow.

Our source data has new source values for COVID-19 vaccines. What are the most accurate mappings for the following:

MODERNA, 100 MCG, SARS-COV2 (COVID-19) VACCINE
MODERNA, 50 MCG, SARS-COV2 (COVID-19) VACCINE BOOSTER
PFIZER, PED 5-11, SARS-COV2 (COVID-19) VACCINE

Are we missing some of the vaccines even in the CVX?

The most painful thing is RxNorm doesn’t make a difference on the ingredient level and we have to map to the drug components / clinical drugs. It works unless the low-dose formulation is on the market, but it’s already there and we have to address it somehow.

So let’s get back to the issue:

Supposed to be a classic Moderna, so SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine, mRNA-1273 0.2 MG/ML Injectable Suspension

Low-dose booster, but the mapping is the same - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine, mRNA-1273 0.2 MG/ML Injectable Suspension
The thing is we’re losing the distinction between the two.

Currently we map it uphill to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) vaccine, mRNA spike protein losing the distinction even between Pfizer and Moderna.

We are aware of the issue and currently working on the solutions at the OMOP vocabulary end.

Thank you, @Alexdavv !

Please let me know when the solution has been found and implemented.

t