OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Plan concept list

Hello all!
Looks like the OMOP vocabularies contains the list of payer plan concepts only from the position of ‘metal’ category - Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum.
But there are no concepts for such plan types as: PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, CDHP, HDHP, Complex.
Is it possible to add concepts for these plan types as well?

@nzvyagina:

Here is how it works:

• Plan contains categories of concepts that define how much of the cost is covered by the insurance company, and what kind of care (dental, medical, drugs).
  • Payer defines how the insurance is set up, how providers are put into a network, and how they are paid.
  • Sponsor defines who buys the insurance.

In your list, PPO, HMO, POS and EPO are Payer concepts (342, 341, 331, 412), while CDHP (consumer-driven health plan) or HDHP (high-deductible health plan) means it is a Health Plan: 267 “Catastrophic Health Plan with 60% actuarial plan value”

@Christian_Reich, thank you for the explanation!
It means that the majority of my payer plan records will be without plan (no plan_source_value and no plan_concept_id), they will contain payer information only.
Then I have a question about building a single payer_plan_period record… In order to build payer_plan_period record I used to merge records within a single plan value if there is no 32 days gap between plan periods. Does it mean that now I should merge them within one payer value (meaning the records without a plan) if there is no 32 days gap?

One plan concept still seems missing.
There is no concept like ‘Commercial Managed Care other’. There is such a concept for Medicare 362 - ‘Medicare Managed Care other’ but nothing for Commercial. Is it possible to add this concept?

And one more question appeared regarding plan mapping, what is the best map for

1. Comprehensive plan
  2. Basic/Major Medical plan?

Is it correct to map
#1 to Platinum Health Plan with 90% actuarial plan value
and
#2 to Broad Benefit (Medical, Drug, Dental, Vision) plan
?

t