Areas of focus:
- Content development and dissemination: Develop, evaluate and make available cohort definitions for broader (re)use for evidence generation process.
We build better cohort definitions and make it available for everyone.
- Best practice development and evaluation: To develop, document and use best practices for improving the reproducibility and quality of cohort definitions – and disseminate these best practices through teaching, education and training.
We enable a community to build better cohort definitions
- Science of phenotyping: Conduct methods research on performance of cohort definitions, develop measurement systems that provide absolute and comparative performance of a cohort definition.
We evaluate if we are building better cohort definitions and innovate on methods to improve this science.
- Tool design and innovation: Enable the community to adopt best practices facilitated by OHDSI developed tools such as CirceR, CAPR, Aphrodite, Phevaluator, Cohort Diagnostics, Phenotype Library.
We facilitate systematic use of best practices by adapting, innovating and promoting the use of OHDSI standard tools.
We propose to meet twice a month, on second and fourth Friday from 1pm to 2pm.
Second Friday meeting - will be on the workgroups focus on "Content development and dissemination" ie…_ we are thinking this should be a working session focused on building content. For this area of focus,
- We will apriori select phenotypes/cohorts to build on
- Assign activities to be done asynchronous work to workstream leads
- In the workgroup call, we will attempt bring asynchronous work together (using discussion, presentation, consensus building)
- Get the phenotyping work to completion and publish to OHDSI phenotype library repository.
Fourth Friday meeting - will focus on the rest of areas of focus.