OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

OMOP and FHIR resources mapping

Has anyone mapped OMOP CDM to FHIR? If so, where can I find the mapping?

There is no one, but many. And a Working Group who is working on that: FHIR-OMOP Collaboration - Homepage - OMOP on FHIR - Confluence. Please come to our meetings.

Thanks

Has anyone ever done FHIR to OMOP mapping using Rabbit in a Hat? I am looking for any available version, mostly for planning and illustration purposes because I will be doing customization to internal FHIR IG and extended OMOPv5.4 but it would be really helpful to have an example as a starting point. If you have it and you are willing to share, I would really appreciate it.

Hi @opatterson ,
Good day,
As I know this FHIR-OMOP collaboration had not activity this year until now, unfortunately.
It will be nice if @Christian_Reich kindly remind them.:grin::pray:
I am at same page as you. Iā€™m looking to find away to do OMOP on FIHR, means mapping from FHIR to OMOP, hopefully.
in case if you find something please share it.
thanks a lot.
best
reza

1 Like

Friends:

I know. It needs injection of new energy.

The problem of course is there is no such thing as FHIR. There are many FHIRs: Cores, Implementation Guides, Resources. Each of them is their own ETL to OMOP, even though there are similarities.

What are you up to?

1 Like

My current project requires transforming FHIR data to OMOPv5.4. Our FHIR follows our internal implementation guide that extends FHIR r4, US Core, and SDC FHIR IG. Since we have extended the FHIR model, I know that I will have to do a lot of mapping myself. But I was hoping to use previous work as a starting point. Because of the computational environment that we are using, I am tied to the Google Cloud FHIR environment, and I am not able to use HAPI FHIR code. I am considering writing all mappings in SQL from BigQuery FHIR tables into OMOP tables. I know Google health have provided mappings as open source, and it is a good start but not good enough for us to stick to their approach.

1 Like
t