OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

New Vocabulary/Population Visualization Working Group

I hereby announce the formation of a new Vocabulary/Population Visualization Working Group. We hope especially to have participation from members of the CDM and Vocabulary Working Group and the Patient Visualization Working Group (and hope that Clair will be our leader when she returns to work soon.)

Initial notes and ideas are available in the Vocab Working Group activities list, but our overall goals (pending input once we launch) are:

• make individual OHDSI vocabularies more approachable
  • facilitate understanding of OHDSI’s vocabularies and concepts, relationships between them, and their prevelance in a specific CDM
  • facilitate translation from individual source concepts for cohort or phenotype definition and for ETL work
  • facilitate development or translation of concept sets
  • provide tools and interface for classification/granularity selection in other contexts (e.g., patient profiles)
  • towards these ends:
  • develop detailed requirements, designs, and prototypes
  • implement in ATLAS if and when resources are available

If you’re interested in being involved you can reply here or contact me off-list. Once we know who’s interested we’ll schedule meetings.

Thanks!
Sigfried

Interested!

1 Like

Sounds great. Count me in!

1 Like

I’m interested! But my schedule may not allow but keep me on the list.

1 Like

I’m interested in participating!

1 Like

Please count me in as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I’d like to join as much as possible.

1 Like

Yes, please sign me up. Odysseus team is working on improved Athena which will include some exciting new features. I would love to share it in that group and get some feedback

2 Likes

Wrong panel

yes, that is the plan, “Sign me up” as in “I am in” :smile:

I think I have working emails for everyone here except Kristin and Gregory – you two should send me your email addresses (to sigfried at sigfried dot org) for future communication. Everyone else should have received a Doodle poll email. The Doodle poll url is http://doodle.com/poll/aziabzz54zkdb43w

Looking forward to talking with you all! I’m thinking we might start by meeting twice a month because this project is moving along somewhat quickly, but we’ll probably meet less frequently after a bit.

Thanks!
Sigfried

Whoops, I need to fix the poll – it’s my first one, I did it wrong. I’ll let you know when it’s ready.

Ok, it’s fixed.

Sigfried,

I’d like to take an active role in the group. I’m in deep working with the vocabularies, their relationships and hierarchies, mapping source to standard, discovering differences between our data needs and limitations of the standard vocabularies and CDM, etc. I’m also interested in the creation and maintenance of concept sets.

I’d like to see better visualization of the relationships/lack of relationships between OHDSI supported, non-standard concepts and standard concepts between the vocabularies within each domain.

Melanie

1 Like

Hello, I’m interested in participating and have submitted my response to the doodle poll. Thanks

I would like to join. Please sign me up - thanks!

Are there also plans in this WG to help comparing different versions of the Vocab or is this out of scope?

I think we really need a way to understand these differences when rerunning our ETL periodically.

I am interested. I won’t sign up on the poll, but will just try to accommodate whatever time is chosen. One suggestion for the group is that it would be nice to have a walk-through for the current process of creating the vocabularies.

@Rijnbeek, that’s a great idea. I added it to the use case list. I don’t know if it will be in scope for my current project, but it certainly makes sense as a goal for the group. BTW, I don’t have your email handy. Can you send it to me so I can include you on the invite.

Which reminds me: Everybody – our first meeting is scheduled for this Tuesday, Jan 31, right before the OHDSI call. Let me know by email or forum message (with your email) if you’d like to come and haven’t received an invitation.

Ok, we’ve got WebEx details for tomorrow (thank you @MauraBeaton!!):

URL: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=M0TCF7ADLE0712J9UOYPULZAJA-D1JL&rnd=695083.27830

Dial-in Number: +1-415-655-0001

Meeting Number: 190 977 946

t