OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Need Support on the Bedt Way to Store a lot of Audio

I am new here so I appologize if I am in the wrong area. I run a non-profit that helps build communities for people with disabilities. My hope was that you could help point me in the right direction for a project we are working on. I am starting a project to record a lot of audio where volunteers read books, articles, magazines, and a lot of other media. We currently have an archive on our website but our maximum storage is 200.GB and I fear we will need Terabytes soon as we keep growing.
So I was wondering what is the best way to create a database of this audio and able to make it available to our listeners on our website. I saw sone places advertising up to 100TB for $40,000 but I am not knowledgeable enough in this space to know what I am doing.

@Trident_Disabilities, you’ve come to the wrong place. Go to Google Drive. It charges 2 TB for $9.99 per month.

@Trident_Disabilities I’m not the expert on this. But if I were you, I would try to use cloud storage such as S3 of AWS.

I would think the most important part is the compression you’re using. Assuming you’re using MP3, compressing to 128Kbps (which would be way more than what you’d need for spoken text), that should amount to 1MB per minute.

That would mean 200GB is 200,000 minutes, or 3,333 hours, or 139 full days of audio. That would be enough for a while?

t