OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Need Help in first ETL mission

Hello every one
I will share with you our raw data tables and we trying to do our best with first ETL mission.
CDM Table(s) => Source table(s)

1. PERSON & DEATH => Demographics Table
  2. VISIT_OCCURRENCE => ER,OP and IP Tables
  3. MEASURMENT => Lab Table
  4. CONDITION_OCCURRENCE => Diagnosis Table
  5. DRUG_EXPOSURE => Medication Table
  6. PROCEDURE_OCCURRENCE => Surgery Table
  7. OBSERVATION => Lab ,Diagnosis ,Medication and Surgery
  8. OBSERVATION_PERIOD => MIN(start_date) as observation_period_start_date, MAX(end_date) as observation_period_end_date from VISIT_OCCURRENCE table.

This is what we have done so far.
any comments or recommendations or guidance will be appreciated.
thanks at all.

Hello @alruod and welcome to OHDSI, the OMOP CDM and the journey to create reliable, real world evidence!

What you have done looks accurate from a high level, but it’s the details which really make or break a transformation. As long as you followed the rules found on our CDM conventions page and created the ETL in the correct manner from the Book of OHDSI instructions, I’d say you are off to a good start. If you haven’t already, you should unit test your transformation, select a characterization study from your source data to compare against the same characterization study run in the OMOP CDM and run the Data Quality Dashobard against your CDM.

Thanks a lot Melanie to confirm that, we are now working on details and we hope it will be in right way.

I have a question if you don’t mind

1. we have multi visit to OP at the same day at the same care site (this will be one visit occurrence)
  2. we have multi visit to OP at the same day with different care sites how to record this?

As two. But I would take a look at examples and see if these are errors or real.

For multi visit to OP at the same day with different care sites, we find it real after tracing the patient journey, the patient visit PHC then transfer to hospital.

Why is that? It’s a classic. Patient comes to the doctor, who measures a blood pressure of 200 over 140 and goes “We need to send you in right away”. In the evening, the patient is an inpatient case.

1 Like
t