OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Missing HCPCS Code U0005

Looks like HCPCS code U0005 may be missing from the concept table.

U0005 - Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid (dna or rna); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (sars-cov-2) (coronavirus disease [covid-19]), amplified probe technique, cdc or non-cdc, making use of high throughput technologies, completed within 2 calendar days from date of specimen collection (list separately in addition to either hcpcs code u0003 or u0004) as described by cms-2020-01-r2

source: U0005 Infec agen detec ampli probe - HCPCS Procedure & Supply Codes

Thanks,
Piper

Me again.
I ran a comparison of HCPCs codes downloaded from CMS and what’s in the concept table, and there appears to be a small set (N=86) of codes missing.
I’m vaguely remembering some dicussion aobut updated vocabulary being added in August… am I misremembering @Christian_Reich?

Thanks in advance,
Piper

Hi @piper !
You are right, HCPCS updating will be as soon as possible. Preparations are underway for the release, and I hope that it will take place in August, maybe the first decade of September.

Thanks @Mike_Nerovnya.
Appreciate it.

Piper

Hi @Mike_Nerovnya.
Just wanted to follow up on this.
Any chance we have a more specific ETA for the HCPCs vocabulary update?
We’ll be executing our ETLs to load historical data. Just trying to decide whether we should create our own temporary vocabulary records for these codes, or if we can wait for the official omop vocab release.

Thanks,
Piper

Hi @piper
I’m sorry, but I don’t know the final release date.There are voc’s relations tests now, and then, if everything is ok, we will release them.

t