OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Mapping new code(ICNP) to ohdsi vocabularies

Hi everyone,

I’m a researcher developping a system that works with CDM. The field we study is nursing. We are in the process of standardizing vocabularies to prepare CDM. But ohdsi vocabularies do not contain the ICNP I need. ICNP (International Classification for Nursing Practice, https://www.icn.ch/what-we-do/projects/ehealth-icnp) was defined by the International Council of Nurses (ICN).

The structure of the ICNP is similar to that of Ohdsi vocabularies, so the mapping is simple and I have a set mapping for research… However, since the ICNP is an asset to ICN, should ICN map the vocabularies and provide them to ohdsi? Is there a formal procedure to explain the registration of ohdsi’s vocabulary to ICN?
(The ICN said that there is a licensing fee for Commercial, regional or national use)

@stkim:

That would be wonderful. Nursing data keep popping up from time to time, I know that @Rkboyce has data like that.

No formal procedure. Just drop us what you have and we can take a look.

What is the good format to handle? ICNP provides vocabulary lists and relationships by default. Would it be better to add mapping(to SNOMED) information in the CDM Concept, Concept_Relationship table format?

The best option is the original file (csv or something) providing no encoding issues.
If you have some additional mappings, use the format you’ve already used. Once we have a look, let’s agree on format.

Thanks @Alexdavv

I summarized nursing vocabularies with domain_id and concept_code. CONCEPT - submit.xlsx (100.4 KB)

@stkim:

We need to talk to them about an evaluation copy with all the relationships, and a redistribution license. Will keep you posted.

t