OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Latin America Workgroup - NOTICE: Suspension in WG Standing Call

All,

As the global community responds to COVID-19, we are going to temporarily suspend our bi-weekly WG call series. We will revisit restarting the call series as the pandemic dissipates. The WG page has been updated to reflect this: https://www.ohdsi.org/web/wiki/doku.php?id=projects:workgroups:latin_ohdsi#meetings

Best,
The OHDSI Latin America WG Leadership Team
(Kristin, @jposada, @gmachnic, @Juan_Banda)

Hi @krfeeney! I was wondering if I need to register somewhere to get updates from this WG.
Cheers!
David

Hi @david_vizcaya! @gmachnic @jposada @tduarte @Juan_Banda and I are tag-teaming various efforts related to this workgroup. We’ve postponed the calls temporarily to allow groups to focus on the public health crisis at hand.

Can you email me (kostka[at]ohdsi.org) with your information? We’ll make sure to add you to our distribution list! Are there any specific topics you’re interested in? Any specific issues within Latin America that you’re passionate about? :wink: I saw you’re in Barcelona. Talita is also in Barcelona (though currently she is stuck in Brazil with family) and can also connect you to other Spanish activity in the European region too.

We would love to have you involved!!

3 Likes

Writing email right away! thanks @krfeeney! Just for the sake of disclosure, have been working since a couple of years ago in exploring data opportunities for pharmacoepi research in Spain and LATAM, mainly Brazil and Colombia, I am very keen in contributing to the development of this area in these regions and especifically to contribute in educational efforts on CDM.

2 Likes

Creo que esto es el comienzo de una hermosa amistad, @david_vizcaya. :wink:

(Mi español es calidad de Duolingo.)

2 Likes

Hi Kristin, it is quite good your spanish! I am in David’s team. Please put me in the contact list. I am Colombian. Cheers!

t