Qualified resumes should be sent to: ISResumes@med.usc.edu
The Senior Departmental Application Analyst is responsible for the leadership and management efforts involved in resolution of complex interrelated departmental applications and reporting issues associated with the information systems of Keck Medicine of USC. The strategic elements of this position require analytical skills to assist in defining business requirements and help the business develop and implement solutions. Incumbents provide a key role in defining and resolving day to day system performance, data and architecture issues as well as planning and participating in major system installations. Incumbents may provide training and work review to junior level staff. Additionally, will work with external vendors, system owners, community partners, contractors and Health Science Campus leadership to design, develop, implement and make operational departmental applications and reporting.
This incumbent will identify, and document information technology design specifications based on analysis/assessment of user needs and generate need-gap analyses. This person will use expert knowledge to generate and develop system scope and objective, analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and devise or modify procedures to solve problems using data processing. The analyst will work independently and lead complex system activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or 9 years of relevant business if no Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years in an IS Healthcare setting
- Experience with using Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) APIs to create Cerner Apps and to create custom integration with other systems
- Experience working with the Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership Common Data Model (OMOP CDM)
- Knowledge of SQL and working with at least one relational database (like Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc.) and working with ETL tools, preferably Talend
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Python, PHP
- Good organization skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Consulting or Project Management experience highly desired
- Strong customer service focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)