OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

Import more than one Concept Set to a Cohort definition

Hello!
I need to import from the repository a lot of Concept Sets to my cohort definition. Does anyone knows how to do it? I am not able to select more than one or import a file…

No, it’s one at a time, but the reason is that usually there’s a ‘context’ of a cohort criteria that you are importing into (ie: you create condition criteria, want to select a concept set, but you don’t have it in your definition yet, so you go through the import process…whatever was imported gets assigned back to the condition criteria that started the whole process).

It would be a new feature to be able to support it, and while I can imagine doing it as you describe (bulk import), are you doing this as part of a true phenotype activity, or is there some side-effect of importing concept sets you’re getting by adding to a cohort definition? I only challenge you because I’m trying to think about the applicability of importing something like 500+ concept sets into a cohort definition, and then using them across 500 different criteria? A phenotype typically tries to encapsulate 1 clinical idea, but if you need to back import a multitude of concept sets, are you thinking outside the boundaries of what the phenotype activity is?

Thank you for your response. I was not thinking in using all the Concept Sets to define my cohort (only a few) but to have them “inside” my cohort definition. The aim of this is to differentiate concepts among hundreds in repository those are of interest to me for that cohort.

t