OHDSI Home | Forums | Wiki | Github

How to obtain the license of CAP electronic Cancer Checklists (College of American Pathologists) for my ATHENA

Hi All,

Could anyone kindly teach me how to obtain a license of CAP electronic Cancer Checklists (College of American Pathologists) for me to use on ATHENA?

Thanks.

Hi @CHE ,
it would be easiest if your institution has licensed CAP for reporting purposes (e.g. as part of your EHR or pathology reporting system). What is your use case?
~ Mik

Hi Mik,
At my research group, we are looking into converting an existing database that contains clinical data to the OMOP CDM. We need to map ICD10, LOINC and CAP codes for the OMOP CDM ETL. This is a legacy design that we inherit. My manager tells me that we will need to purchase the CAP license. So, I am here to find out all the details about which licensed CAP that we will need for the OMOP CDM and also how to purchase them.
Thank you in advance for your help!
~Cordelia

@CHE:

You have CAP codes? That is cool. So far, we haven’t actually come across anybody who has. Would be nice to see what it looks like.

No, you don’t need a CAP license. Reason is you will be mapping CAP codes to OMOP Cancer Modifiers using our mapping. To build that mapping we used a CAP evaluation license.

@Christian_Reich Christian, can you actually read my mind?! You just answered my unasked question :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I was about to raise questions on the OMOP Cancer Modifiers Vocabulary after I saw Dmitry’s lightning talk about the vocabulary yesterday. :blush:
Well, my manager will be very happy to hear this good news.

t